Emerald Coast Golf Trail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone familiar with the Emerald Coast Golf Trail? There are four courses that are part of the trail, Tiger Point (Jerry Pate), Scenic Hills (Jerry Pate), Hidden Creek (Ron Garl) and Shalimar Pointe (Dye/Finger). I've booked a vacation and a free round of golf is included so I'm looking for any recommendations on which course to play. They are all similarly priced around $55 except for Tiger Point, which is $38.

Thanks in advance guys!

I have played Hidden Creek and Tiger Point. Hidden Creek is a good course, not much water or sand, Tiger Point has lots of both. Both are good values. Enjoy

I've also played Tiger Point. I guess I was expecting something better, I wasn't too impressed honestly. If you had to pick between Hidden Creek and Tiger Point??????
I got a pretty sweet deal on the vacation and the round is free so the money is not really a concern.

Thanks again.

My favorite course if you are going to be in the Destin area is Kelly Plantation. Pretty pricey but a super track. Also Bluewater Bay is a very good Jerry Pate course.

If you want to play Jerry Pate Courses, go play Kiva Dunes (Gulf Shores, AL) and Steelwood (near Mobile, Al). Kiva is a fantastic links course on the tip end of Fort Morgan, and Steelwood is cut through a pine forest. You'll get a lot of variety but top notch golf design all the way through.

Shot,

I live on the Emerald Coast and play one of these courses every week. They have a deal which gets you a discount on all 4 courses.

Hidden Creek - Easiest of all 4 courses. Very narrow on certain holes and the greens are quite small. Make sure to pick the correct tees.
Scenic Hills - Nice elevation changes (for Florida), fair test of golf. Extremely fast greens as a general rule.
Tiger Point - Hosted the Pensacola open for about 20 years in the 70's and 80's. Very fair test of good golf. The course is designed so that you feel like you play the first 10 holes or so dead into the prevailing wind off the Gulf.
Shalimar Pointe - Personal favorite. Has hosted quite a few US Open Qualifiers, men and women. Finger/Dye give you everything you want on this gem. Drivable par 4s, 460+ yd par 4's. Wedge into par 3's and hybrid par 3's. You will use every club in your bag around this track.

Any other questions, drop me a line.

Status
Not open for further replies.