ETA for the Short game video?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yessir. I was actually golfing St Patricks day in shorts. Since then it's been a mixed bag of "less than desirable" weather. Got a few rds under my belt overall.

ZAP

New
I would guess that once Brian and his team get the bulk of Project 1.68 finished up we might see a short game video.
I would be one of the first in line for this because even my limited success with using the bounce more effectively has opened up my eyes and I would love to learn more.

Cross your fingers that I am right. It does not happen all that often.:cool:

Pete J

Banned
I've been experimenting with focusing my eyes a couple of inches behind the ball for all greenside pitches/chips with dramatic improvement. I suspect I have a tendency to let my head drift too quickly. Has anyone else tried this with sucess?

I've been experimenting with focusing my eyes a couple of inches behind the ball for all greenside pitches/chips with dramatic improvement. I suspect I have a tendency to let my head drift too quickly. Has anyone else tried this with sucess?

I have tried the same thing except focusing on a foot or so in FRONT of the ball with ok success.

S

SteveT

Perhaps a quieter lower body might help... like limiting your hip rotation and staying more on your lead foot to limit body shift. A 3/4 backswing might also be another solution. Remember, your short game doesn't need a macho swing like using a PW from 150 yards.... it requires accuracy and consistency... and being able to use a short iron from varying distances.

I hope Brian gets some Edel wedges before he does the video. These clubs are amazing and have changed my ability to keep my hands ahead without having the leading edge stick on soft surfaces. No more kinematic sequence crap (which I never could understand anyway).

S

SteveT

I hope Brian gets some Edel wedges before he does the video. These clubs are amazing and have changed my ability to keep my hands ahead without having the leading edge stick on soft surfaces. No more kinematic sequence crap (which I never could understand anyway).

... gearhead....:p

conkanen, coming to the Peg in a couple of weeks, any course recommendations?
Hey Bendet, hopefully the weather gets better before you get here. Not sure where you are coming from but golf in the city here is pretty cheap. Most of the best golf is outside the city as the best clubs inside city limits are private/semi private. Some close options that are open to the public are Bel Acres ( Northwest WPG), Kingswood (about 10 min SW of city limits and one of my favs), Meadows (links style but still pretty new in the NE part of WPG). If you don't mind driving outside the city(hour or so) there are some gems...Granite Hills, Piniwa, Falcon Lake, Bridges, and Minnewasta to name a few. Lots of options.

Status
Not open for further replies.