face to path and spin axis fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've been playing around with trackman.
With my driver, I noticed I have a tendency of having a negative face to path number (i.e. closed face relative to path) but spin axis tends to be positive (i.e. slice spin). I look at my driver face and seems like my impact is relatively close to center (not many heel hits which would produce slice spin)...any idea how I can improve this?
Also, does anyone know if wind affects the spin rate data?

What about angle of attack? If face closed relative to path with a plus angle of attack equals straight shot to draw, then perhaps face closed relative to path with a negative angle of attack equals slice spin.

So I've been playing around with trackman.
With my driver, I noticed I have a tendency of having a negative face to path number (i.e. closed face relative to path) but spin axis tends to be positive (i.e. slice spin). I look at my driver face and seems like my impact is relatively close to center (not many heel hits which would produce slice spin)...any idea how I can improve this?
Also, does anyone know if wind affects the spin rate data?

I think I have experienced this as well. I look forward to any theories. My guess is that it has something to do with the shaft.

This is typically due to heel ward contact of the CoG of the head (which isn't always in the center). Doesn't have to be a bunch to see the effect. Contact heel ward of the CoG will also typically cause the face to read as closed because of the impact "inside" the CoG closing the face from the collision.

This is typically due to heel ward contact of the CoG of the head (which isn't always in the center). Doesn't have to be a bunch to see the effect. Contact heel ward of the CoG will also typically cause the face to read as closed because of the impact "inside" the CoG closing the face from the collision.

Hello everyone. I'm glad to be back to this forum. In fact I'm glad to be back anywhere. Was out for 3 months due to open heart surgery to replace Aortic valve. 6-hour surgery, 8-10 weeks recovery and voila I'm back on the lesson tee.

Anyway I agree Mike, the heelward contact is not always visible but is the only way I believe this flight can result from those impact numbers.

Last edited:
welcome back DC!

Thanks Mike, I know a heel impact will cause the clubface to close, but didn't know that Trackman can actually pick that up...so Trackman must give the data during the impact interval rather than initial collision.

Another thing I noticed is that sometimes I get pretty high spin numbers with a relatively low spin loft, and vice versa. I guess that results from making contact low on the face which will bump up the spin number.

The lesson I guess is that I hit the sweetspot much less accurately than I thought...

Thx for all the welcomes. Details of the surgery will bore you but this anecdote might not. My cousins husband is one of the top cardiac surgeons in the country; he's at the University of Pennsylvania. We stayed with them after I got out of hospital for three weeks while I was an outpatient. One Sunday he was off and my cousin was at the guest house where we stayed having breakfast with us. In walks Michael, the surgeon, and he says to my cousin Maureen: " I have to go in, but I'll be back for dinner". She says I thought you were off, why are you going in. He says, "transplant", do you want me to pick anything up for dinner on the way home?" True story.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.