Fade the ball?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are primarily a draw player off the tee what is the best way to fade it?

For me, I just open the face of the club, and still "try" to draw the ball (sometimes I'll move the ball foreward some, but I don't like to do that if I don't have to). Then I just aim left enough for the ball to work back to the target. But with every swing, I'm thinking "draw". If I don't do that, the ball ends up starting too far to the right.

Also, make sure that the face is lined up left enough of the target. If not, the ball will start too close to the direction of the target, and you may end up missing right.

Last edited:
Grip tighter with the left hand, hold it thru impact making sure you clear the lower body so club path can go left. Clubface should be slightly open at impact. Experiment with weaking left hand grip.

Last edited:

Jared Willerson

Super Moderator
I primarily use a more open stance with a more up the wall type backswing. Understanding the D plane helped me do this a lot more consistently.

How's about this?

Aim a little left, pretty much Soft Draw back swing, little carry and a little gather up the marbles type finish.

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
Turn the face off the plane early and aim or swing left of the face. Trying to fade the ball from underneath is a death move imo unless you can do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.