Fantastic Drivers and Irons, but fat wedges??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone shed any light on why this would occur. Since making a few changes of late to my swing (understanding aiming point, my hands are finally ahead of the club at impact), I am hitting the ball great with my Driver/Woods (distances I could have only dreamed about before), most of my irons are pure (the occasional little block). But for some reason I am hitting shocking wedge shots from 90 in, they are usually really fat and heading right... Can anyone tell me some reasons why this would happen??

One thing you can try is moving the aiming point forward with you wedge shots and see if that helps.

If your wedge shots are going right, the ball might be too far back in the stance.

Take a look at the post "Bottom of swing under left shoulder", helped me a great deal.
I had the same problem with short irons due to playing the ball too far back from the low point, my wide shoulders mean I have to play the ball more forward than usual, this and increasing my tilt to the right at address have brought about solid contact with the short irons. To start with it felt like I was way behind the ball looking at the aiming point from behind but in reality it's spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.