FATS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brian brought up the subject of applying a force across the shaft (FATS) in the thread - 'Dark Ages'.
This reminded me of this everlasting debate of hitting versus swinging.
Surprisingly TGM does not allow for simultaneous swinging and hitting.
However it only seems logical to use both trail and lead side of the body.
I dragged up some old drawings/files, gathering dust; have a look. :)

FATS

Brian brought up the subject of applying a force across the shaft (FATS) in the thread - 'Dark Ages'.
This reminded me of this everlasting debate of hitting versus swinging.
Surprisingly TGM does not allow for simultaneous swinging and hitting.
However it only seems logical to use both trail and lead side of the body.
I dragged up some old drawings/files, gathering dust; have a look. :)

FATS

Mandrin, I think I speak for a lot of people when I say a very sincere thank you for your explanations of many of the concepts that arise on this forum. I have gone back and read many older topics always seem to "get it" when you explain it. I am slowly learning TGM just to keep up with the ubertechs, and your posts and Richie3Jack's blog are the only reason I am making any progress. Thanks again.

Mandrin, I think I speak for a lot of people when I say a very sincere thank you for your explanations of many of the concepts that arise on this forum. I have gone back and read many older topics always seem to "get it" when you explain it. I am slowly learning TGM just to keep up with the ubertechs, and your posts and Richie3Jack's blog are the only reason I am making any progress. Thanks again.
TROYNYGOLFER,

Thanks for the very pleasing comments. It is not often that someone so very explicitly mentions the positive contribution of some science. A better truer understanding can only help in the long run. :)

Mandrin,

Actively uncocking the left wrist will provide FATS at last vertical pre impact as well.

Brian,

One can have torque from both the trail and lead wrist/hand, Fig1a and Fig1b.
Both hands pushing on shaft to produce torque, Fig1c.
A passive inertial push by trail arm mass to produce torque, Fig1d.
The torque analyzed in the post above.​

Dariusz J.

Mandrin,

What would be your thoughts on the follwing speculation: pullling supports the rotary action while pushing supports linear action ?

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.