Figure 8 Strap

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcw

New
What does everyone think to be the pros and cons of this training aid? Do you use it for yourself, or in your teaching? Does it help or hinder the flying wedges? For swinging should the arms be this close together?

EdZ

New
It is one of the single best aids to teach you how to synchronize the hands and body through the shot, not to mention the benefits of elbows pointing down and staying the same distance apart (plane).

Personally, I like to use it much lower on the forearms, near the wrists. This really allows the 'set' feel of the wedges, without 'limiting' the motion that can happen when many try to use it.

I use a flexible stretch version that I can twist to fit down near the wrists.

Best used WITHOUT a club and/or with a heavy club- focus on your pivot. As with many training aids, it is biased towards a swingers motion (pitch elbow) and can be a useful way to learn a proper startup swivel.

EdZ

New
quote:Originally posted by jtoussaint

Would the impact ball accomplish a similiar objective?

http://www.break90golftrainingaids.com/impact_ball.html

I have not used it, but in a 'general' sense, yes it would. That said, it appears to me that it would be not so good for the right forearm wedge alignment. With the flexible strap worn lower on the forearms, you can still keep the right forearm wedge. The impact ball may encourage too high a right forearm position through impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.