First birdie of the season!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erik_K

New
Little golf story...

We are well into the golf season and I rarely even get a chance to putt for birdie (maybe I hit 1-2 GIR per round). Anyway on the par 5 (about 500 yards long) I hit a thin 3W that goes left. But it clips the cart path at a rather shallow angle and continues to roll...and roll it did to the 150 yard marker!

I 'hit' a 350 yard drive (Bubba Watson are you listening!!)

I take my 8 iron out and I hit into the trap. I am by no means the greatest player from the sand. And as many of my DC/MD/VA brothers will point out, it's been dry up here and the traps can be very hard. So I get into the trap - aim left, stance open, weight left, dig those feet in. I blast out to within 5 feet.

"Come on, Erik!" Get a birdie once this season!" says my inner voice.

I walk around and look at the putt - straight up hill. I don't see much break. After a few trial swings and I hit the putt - dead center. It drops in. High fives are exchanged with my playing partner.

...Then I proceed to get a 6 on the next hole (a par 3).

:)

Erik

hp12c

New
Little golf story...

We are well into the golf season and I rarely even get a chance to putt for birdie (maybe I hit 1-2 GIR per round). Anyway on the par 5 (about 500 yards long) I hit a thin 3W that goes left. But it clips the cart path at a rather shallow angle and continues to roll...and roll it did to the 150 yard marker!

I 'hit' a 350 yard drive (Bubba Watson are you listening!!)

I take my 8 iron out and I hit into the trap. I am by no means the greatest player from the sand. And as many of my DC/MD/VA brothers will point out, it's been dry up here and the traps can be very hard. So I get into the trap - aim left, stance open, weight left, dig those feet in. I blast out to within 5 feet.

"Come on, Erik!" Get a birdie once this season!" says my inner voice.

I walk around and look at the putt - straight up hill. I don't see much break. After a few trial swings and I hit the putt - dead center. It drops in. High fives are exchanged with my playing partner.

...Then I proceed to get a 6 on the next hole (a par 3).

:)

Erik

Congrats dude, was water near the hole? My balls seem to be attracted to water, no matter what par the hole is.:confused:

Erik, Congrats on the birdie!!! You can forgive the 6 on the par 3 because your hand was probably sore. You see, basketball players can high five as long as they don't use their shooting hand....... hey wait..... they don't have a passing hand....never mind.:D

tumblr_lojdmy3wS51qb87bqo1_500.gif

My first birdie of the season was yesterday. Par 3, hit the shot, hit the green, hit the pin. Didn't bounce in. Dammmit! Would have been my first hole in one ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.