First Move Down!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmyt

New
Brian: we have talked a couple of times on the phone. You made 2 phone calls to Vegas if that helps. I am currently making arrangements to you the video of my swing we discussed.

My question in the mean time is that after I get to the top of the backswing, playing partners have told me that my first move down is a sway with the hips past the ball towards the target. Which causes me to do a variety of things at impact, you know them all.

Any help while waiting for video would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jim

Curb your enthusiasm, Mr. Royshh. Is that really the message here?

The rabbit hole is perpendicular to the belt buckle once (maybe twice for Mr. Hogan) in the sound and true swing, prior to separation of the little white ball from the stick in your hands. I don't know, but I would be willing to wait until someone does some surgery on the swing, to find that point in space where degrees of opening are recorded. I think the goal is to throw your frisbee, with the hand closest to the rabbit hole, while increasing the amount the belt buckle faces the hole. All done with peaceful explosive power, and not too much thinking.

Last edited:
Curb your enthusiasm, Mr. Royshh. Is that really the message here?

The rabbit hole is perpendicular to the belt buckle once (maybe twice for Mr. Hogan) in the sound and true swing, prior to separation of the little white ball from the stick in your hands. I don't know, but I would be willing to wait until someone does some surgery on the swing, to find that point in space where degrees of opening are recorded. I think the goal is to throw your frisbee, with the hand closest to the rabbit hole, while increasing the amount the belt buckle faces the hole. All done with peaceful explosive power, and not too much thinking.

:D :D :D

It's just a feeling roy..it's physically impossible to do that for most humans..;)

I think what Brian is illustrating...

...because I do the same thing.....

Brian's most recent lessons were invaluable in giving me what I need to get to another level. Executing them is a whole different story.

One of the things I do, which I think Jimmyt does.... is quit turning the lower body whlie trying to create axis tilt. When this happens, I start pushing and hooking the heck out of the ball. So I make sure, when I do impact fix, I don't just lower the right shoulder...I make sure I turn the hips as well. If you're not use to doing it, you will become a shoulder dippin' machine....and that by itself ain't a good thing unless I aim waaaaaaaay left.

jimmyt

New
Thanks Brian for you input. I will give it a try. It's a feel that I can relate too.

Thanks again

Jim T

Brian you mentioned to have your belt buckle behind your ball at address. Now you also say to have your belt buckle face the target at impact. My question is does your bb lead the downswing if not is it the hands ,pivot then bb...? Also what is swinging under the stick? thanks joe

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Good questions!

Brian you mentioned to have your belt buckle behind your ball at address.

Just slightly, and for most golfers, YES!

Now you also say to have your belt buckle face the target at impact.

Well...no.

I was just giving JimmyT a "feel" thought.

The belt buckle should stay in front of the hands until after impact.

My question is does your belt buckle lead the downswing?

The proper sequence "from the ball looking at you view," is belt buckle, hands, slightly open clubhead.

Also what is swinging under the stick?

Like this:

inside_approach_c.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.