Fix the Clubface or Fix What in the Golf Swing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fix the Clubface or Fix What in the Golf Swing

Hopefully this will be an educational discussion, not an arguement.

Brian has stated and Brian correct me if I am wrong your teaching philosophy is "Fix the Clubface". Others focus on the setup, swing plane, pivot, etc. There are all types of golf swing philosophies.

I have for the better part of a year followed most of your posts, have seen you post 'Fix the Clubface' and you have gathered a number of posters who are advocating the same. But I must say my concept of the golf swing makes this philosophy questionable. Not from the point I am saying it wont work or is wrong, but from the stand point it doesn't track for me.

Here is why.

1. Clubface to me is Alignment
2. Clubface Alignment is set at Impact Fix
3. The Grip (placement of hands) determines the relationship of the hands to clubface to alignment
4. The Hands (lead wrist primarily) can turn/roll which impacts clubface alignment

Anything else in the swing seems to relate to the golf club (shaft and/or head) and though it may impact clubface alignment, it can more effectively be measured and diagnosed using the golf club in total. Attempting to analyze the clubface alignment through out the swing is very subjective. The alignment of the clubface does not have a static reference point like the clubshaft has (plane line).

So the best I can guess or read into what you state as your philosophy is that it is not just clubface alignment when you say fix the clubface. Fixing the clubface in your philosophy will fix the swing plane?

Can you elobrate on philosophy of 'Fix the Clubface' and if alignment through out the swing is use, how is this done?

Status
Not open for further replies.