Fixing It On The Way Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's been a lot of talk about laying it off, hand path, tumble, left wrist bend not roll. All of these things I've worked on extensively while practicing and playing over the last year and a half. And I was doing it with poor body sequencing, balance and posture. This was all necessary to train my subconscious, but...
When the lower body's stability, center of gravity, pelvis rotation and pelvis bend became my sole focus there is simply not enough time to fix anything on the way down. It just happens too fast.
I'm not sure if I would have been better off learning lower body/ground reaction forces first or not, but I needed to learn both to start to put it all together.

hp12c

New
I hear ya jeremy so much to work on and I dont know about you or other forum members but Im a DIY for my golf swing. It could be said that he who is is own teacher has a fool for a client. But it is what it is. For me some of this stuff is better done with a qualified insrtuctor.
Now Im not saying that BM vids have not helped far from it, but Im not the sharpest tool in the shed and I incorporate things into my swing that wont make it to complicated I will scratchin my head and get lost and confused.
I try to keep it simple almost like just hit ball with stick find it and do it again. If I get a lot of internal mental dialouge Im dead before I start and since Im good at tuning out others Ive learned to tune myself out too! comes in handy on the golf course.

I think I'm at the exact same point Jeremy. I can get what feels like the whole package together maybe 4 out of 10 swings. I'm going back and forth between grf's and handpath on the other swings trying to sequence them together. But, those 4 good swings are simple and solid.

Just have to trust that eventually after working on it long enough that it will become more automatic.

Status
Not open for further replies.