Flightscope not quite there yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday I had tour player Jason Gore come down for a 4 hour lesson and we drove up the street to the Taylormade fitting center where I am privileged to use their Flightscope. I wanted to gather as much data as possible of course, but the numbers were way off with angle of attack and spin. It was still useful but frustrating to hit 60 shots to get 10 good reads. Guess I'll look closer at trackman at the PGA show.
Meanwhile, expect that guy to do well. He's rock solid and now understands sequencing and ground forces.

Are we saying an entire product line is not there yet because of a bad experience with one particular unit not owned by the user or player? Meaning there is no knowledge of the maintenance or history of the unit, it's tuning, it's software version, it's firmware version, etc. I've had two PGA tour players on my X2 to work out angle of attach issues and spin management with wedges. The numbers were spot on.

Only writing this to offer the counter experience. I do think it is important, when vouching for the accuracy or inaccuracy of any of the LMs out there, to know the history of the unit and how it's been maintained.

Jason is do and hope he gets it rocking early this year, and when you two come over early for practice rounds at the Masters, you are more than welcome to use a FS unit that I know will give you good numbers. :)

I agree with Mgranato.

I've had a questionable experience on TM once but I didn't disparage the entire company.

Lets reserve judgment on this one...

Damon Lucas

Super Moderator
Yes, my Flightscope has been terrific. Now using it indoors in conjunction with a Trugolf simulator, it is outstanding. Very reliable, terrific company, as I am sure their competitor is.

Fair enough...I should've been more diplomatic--maybe we caught a bad day on the system. I've used it before and it did work better so maybe it just wasn't maintained. This was the latest system and it was outside.

The numbers were all over the place but he was flushing it as well as I've ever seen. It said his driver was like 7 down while the irons were maybe 1 down. He'd been on LMs before and knew what they were supposed to be. I forget his ball speed but his club head speed was 117-120. He DID just buy a TM and gets it next week, btw.

Sounds like a unexperienced user error. Flightscope is well There!!! I have TM & FS. But you cant make coffee if you cant operate the machine.

I have used FS about 30 times and have a reasonable grasp of it. Plus, it was being run by the taylormade fitter who probably has an idea how to run it too.

Meanwhile, expect that guy to do well. He's rock solid and now understands sequencing and ground forces.

WOW. Never ceases to amaze me how clueless a top player can be! I mean, I'm just a normal hacker, but I've known for at least 10 years about sequencing. It's fekin obvious that you have to slow down to speed the club up, no?

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
WOW. Never ceases to amaze me how clueless a top player can be! I mean, I'm just a normal hacker, but I've known for at least 10 years about sequencing. It's fekin obvious that you have to slow down to speed the club up, no?

What the hell are you talking about???

Erik_K

New
What the hell are you talking about???

Kevin -

You of all people should know that everyone needs to be well-versed in the physics of the swing in order to play at the highest levels. I mean I run across high level athletes all of the time and all they talk about is how to use ground forces more efficiently to create power.

Kevin -

You of all people should know that everyone needs to be well-versed in the physics of the swing in order to play at the highest levels. I mean I run across high level athletes all of the time and all they talk about is how to use ground forces more efficiently to create power.

Hey Erik, don't confuse athletes with golfers.

Status
Not open for further replies.