Flightscope Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can the Acceleration Profile on Flightscope be used to determine whether or not a player has "gone normal" at impact or is it used for clubfitting purposes only?

Interesting. Does going normal produce a different acceleration of the head than a drag would? I bet someone here would know.

Michael Jacobs

Super Moderator
Can the Acceleration Profile on Flightscope be used to determine whether or not a player has "gone normal" at impact or is it used for clubfitting purposes only?

Speed & acceleration profiles give some indication....

In the release thread I posted the speed and acceleration profile of one of my junior students who is the best at going 'normal'

MJ,

Do you use the Acceleration Profile as a measurement of going normal or does it just give you an indication of measured improvement?

Sorry I missed the FS Seminar. I was out of the country. I'm sure the Speed and Acceleration Profiles were discussed at length.

Claim from a clubfitter who is using the Flightscope is that the pattern of the acceleration can be used to fit the shaft correctly. according to him it is the kick of the shaft that is measured. It gives an indication of either the tip of the shaft or the weigth of the shaft to be fitted.

Michael Jacobs

Super Moderator
MJ,

Do you use the Acceleration Profile as a measurement of going normal or does it just give you an indication of measured improvement?

Sorry I missed the FS Seminar. I was out of the country. I'm sure the Speed and Acceleration Profiles were discussed at length.

Just an indication of measured improvement.... The speed & accel profile was discussed at length, it was a great convention

Michael Jacobs

Super Moderator
Claim from a clubfitter who is using the Flightscope is that the pattern of the acceleration can be used to fit the shaft correctly. according to him it is the kick of the shaft that is measured. It gives an indication of either the tip of the shaft or the weigth of the shaft to be fitted.

Shafts don't kick

Status
Not open for further replies.