Flightscope/ Trackman Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Player A hits a drive with a FACE ANG. 2 DEG and a PATH 0..

That player contacted the ball .5 inch of the heel, which according to Trackman CLOSES the face 2 deg.

Does the original data displayed by Flightscope/ Trackman account for this off center "twist"?

Also, if a heel hit closes the face why does gear effect make the spin axis lean more right?

Trackman measures the ballflight, attack angle and club path and calculates (not an actual measurement) face angle at the point of maximum compression. The face angle reading will be what has happened to the face at the moment of maximum compression and will include any "twisting."

I'll defer to others on the spin axis tilt and how it relates to gear effect/off center shots.

Player A hits a drive with a FACE ANG. 2 DEG and a PATH 0..

That player contacted the ball .5 inch of the heel, which according to Trackman CLOSES the face 2 deg.

Does the original data displayed by Flightscope/ Trackman account for this off center "twist"?

Also, if a heel hit closes the face why does gear effect make the spin axis lean more right?

Hey Richard,

Did you buy the AS2 yet? It's right up your alley and helpful for a lot of your questions. I'll be touching base with you soon too...

At what point does a heel/toe hit (in inches) offset the counter effects of gear effect? Its seems that gear effect has a relatively stronger effect on ball curvature than a given tilt of the shot's D PLANE.

In ASII I recall someone asking (Kevin?) about an in-to-out path heel hit that goes left of where it would have on a centered hit and cantbe "saved" by heel induced gear effect cut spin. I still didn't get an answer out of the exchange.

Hey Richard,

Did you buy the AS2 yet? It's right up your alley and helpful for a lot of your questions. I'll be touching base with you soon too...

Of course I have it!!:)

I was so excited about it I tried to absorb every detail in one sitting. I think I had some mental float loading going on during Section 2. Ill go back and grind on Tuxen's section.

PM me soon. Im going to be east coast bound in a month.

Of course I have it!!:)

I was so excited about it I tried to absorb every detail in one sitting. I think I had some mental float loading going on during Section 2. Ill go back and grind on Tuxen's section.

PM me soon. Im going to be east coast bound in a month.

Lol! I should have known. I think the answer does lie in Tuxens part. Maybe you need more explanation, but re-watch first.

Will catch up after next week, have a big week coming up...:)

Mental float loading is a good one too!

Status
Not open for further replies.