Flipper video

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdog

New
This is my favorite all time golf instruction/entertainment to date.
There is so much good thought material here its actually incredible to me. I also like the fact Brian's personality is clearly shown.

From all the info given, i started doing a little drill for pitches and chips (for right now) that seems to teach me tempo rhythm, float loading, timing, relaxation, hands, and best yet another way to break the hit complex. It also trains the pivot, something most golfers have trouble with (that i play with).

It's really simple and you may be doing it already.
I simply hit the ball just as Brian say's with my pivot, JUST WITH THE PIVOT. These are only chips and pitches but i do nothing but use my footwork, and i can really concentrate on the feeling in #3, at impact hands are perfect flat/bent and i am doing nothing but holding on. my footwork starts the backswing, i can feel drag going back, at the change of direction, i can feel the rear wrist simply bending, the #3 gets pressure, and the pressure in my feet change i can feel the pressure actually build on #3, and i let the pivot carry it all down plane to impact.
If your pivot is wrong you'll know right away, if you regrip, tense up,loose your spine angle, you'll feel it right away. If you rush any part of the swing, get out of sequence cause you try to add something, you'll know right away.
You also have to be complelely relaxed, and if you try to hit the ball, you'll feel it and see the bad results.
Thanks Brian for the vid, im sure there's more there that i havent discovered yet.

Ya it's good eh man. I think it's just what I've been missing...

I'VE GOT IT NOW!!! MUWAHAHAHAHA! [8D] UNSTOPPABLE BABY! [8D]

EdZ

New
One of Knudson's core concepts - feeling the feet.

"The feel is in the hands and the feet" - Toski

DDL

New
Excellent observation about the pivot, cdog. Because I am accustomed to using my hands and arms, ever so faintly, during the downstroke, I personally find powering the downstroke with only the pivot requires a LOT of patience. Brian stated on another thread that one has to wait for the pivot. The waiting period is only a fraction of a second, but it feels like an eternity. However, I can finally feel the heaviness in the hands. I discovered these good things from applying the principles in the never hook again video.

Status
Not open for further replies.