Following with the head

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've wanted to ask this question for the longest time but didn't because I thought members would think I'm stupid. And now that I feel I've established my bona fides in that respect, I feel I have nothing left to lose so I can ask anyway;)

If one follows the clubhead around on the backswing with one's head and eyes, about as far as is humanly possible, then follows the clubhead back on the downswing (so, in effect, the head is continually rotating) why do so many parts of the golf swing feel effortless. synchronised and, well, perfect. Does this say someting about the hit impulse, perhaps? Or that the head movement allows the "business" to happen unimpeded?
Love to figure this out, if only for sanity's sake.. Can anybody really make me feel, well, stupid-er, with the very obvious answer that escapes me?

You can do this at full speed and actually hit a ball? My guess is that you're not doing it at full speed, or you're doing it without a ball.

You can do this at full speed and actually hit a ball? My guess is that you're not doing it at full speed, or you're doing it without a ball.
I used to do that after seeing Jim Furyk and Annika Annika Sörenstam doing it. No lies, all balls goes dead straight. But it's impossible to not hit thin or fat sometimes.

Although some modern instruction speak of releasing the head before or through impact (Joe Durant is a great example), the Hall of Fame is littered with players who keep their chin behind the ball through impact (Jack Nicklaus, Bob Jones), a timeless Alex Morrison principle.

If you hit the ball better doing it, do it. If its just a practice swing routine, I wouldn't give it much weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.