For a while I was battling inside take away

Status
Not open for further replies.
and then across the line.

I bought some new clubs the other day and I was determined to stop taking the club inside.
I always hit these pull shots, tired of it. No matter what I do, I always end up taking the club inside
lots of pop out.

One day, I decided to take the club straight up and don't even bother turning my body.
Sort of like up the wall kind of move. Surprisingly, the video still shows my body is turning.
Totally different than what I would have imagined.

before

wayyyy before

Last edited:
So is this feeling of an arm swing and no forced body movement something that could really help someone with an incredibly active body turn during the backswing?

So is this feeling of an arm swing and no forced body movement something that could really help someone with an incredibly active body turn during the backswing?

I'm not sure, I think it's case by case.

I was always taught to turn your shoulder first, or blend in with your arm. It's pretty hard for me. I was doing the back and forth drill the last few month and then I realize, in order to hit the ball solidly, my head is pretty still at the same place. Before I would really try to get behind the ball. I had a really flat shoulder turn.
I probably already have so much turn in my body to begin with, so all I have to do is just to feel like I'm only going up / reach for the sky, and make sure the club don't hit the wall behind me.

Last edited:

Jared Willerson

Super Moderator
I am talking down swing. Backswing wise, keep the left arm at a consistent angle to your chest, don't let it get across your chest too much.

hp12c

New
Hey j about how long have u been working on what u have been working on to make those changes on your swing?

hp12c

New
3 months! wow! that is not very long and to see the BS change like that. How much trust/confidence do you have on your rounds with the change? did it improve scoring?

3 months! wow! that is not very long and to see the BS change like that. How much trust/confidence do you have on your rounds with the change? did it improve scoring?

I honestly don't have much time to play because I just got a new born. I played a few times and it was fine. I started to draw more though. I'm on the other side of the matrix, I have a harder time hitting fades. Or maybe these new clubs are too forgiving. But distance wise is very consistent, and I don't feel like I'm trying to kill the ball, everything just sort of falls into place. I just have to make sure my club does t go in too early

From time to time I feel like Kevin na, I couldn't start the swing, hopefully that will go away once I start to play more

here is the front view, I tried to use my hip a little bit more but not so much the club will be coming from too inside
I feel like my right leg always looks a little bit funny but I can't tell what it is

and finally, i incorporate soft draw, but still looks like it's jammed somewhere.

there is always something to work on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.