For Manzella Academy Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
For Manzella Academy Only - S***K

I worked with Brian in mid June for 3 hrs in Baltimore. I am very pleased with my progress in ball striking. I feel I am getting a lot more "up" going back - probably not as much as Brian would like.

While I have hit some very solid iron shots and can both fade and draw by setting up on different plan lines and either 'holding off" for a fade and working on getting to 'wedding ring up" for the draw, I have experienced a few "pitch outs" over the past few weeks. Not normally a shot I have had to worry about, but now it is starting to enter the "mental process"

Played Sunday - 3 bogies - 1 3 putt, pitched out on both front nine par 3's - bogies on both. One a 9 iron planned as a strong draw to a 147 yd pin and the other a 7 iron as a 3 qtr fade into a R to L crosswind to a right pin - 155 yds.

Any suggestions or help??

Thanks - Bruce

4 Birdies for a nice one under 71, but could have been better.

Last edited:
Jim - "pitch out" is another term for shank

Sorry for the confusion

Should have mentioned that not only did Brian participate in my 3 hour session, so did Damon Lucas.

Thanks - Bruce

Brian Manzella

Administrator
:)

Bruce,

It is very easy to go Up without going enough IN, and on certain "looking" shots, this will produce that result.

So, even though the backswing needs to be LESS IN, IT STILL NEEDS TO GO IN, as well as up!

Status
Not open for further replies.