Forward press

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gents

I have been trying mid-body hands with my iron play for a while now, but I just seem to prefer and play better with a forward press. However, my accuracy could be a bit better. When playing a forward press, should my aim change, or should my club face be a little more open/closed:confused: I thought I remember Brian giving some stipulations when playing a forward press. I am a higher (17 ) handicap player, but a good iron player - and I know I can get better.

Thanks in advance for all your advice - this is a phenomenal board!

I have found the more I use impact hands at address, ie forward press, I tend to go underplane, overrotate the club open. Mid hands helps me control the clubface much better and reduces this issue.

I have found the more I use impact hands at address, ie forward press, I tend to go underplane, overrotate the club open. Mid hands helps me control the clubface much better and reduces this issue.

Thanks Roger:)
I did notice that most of my misses were a little right when using the forward press. My contact is so much better though - nice divot after contact, etc. Is aiming a little left the right play? Brian, Jim, Kevin, any else - any thoughts?

Thanks Roger:)
I did notice that most of my misses were a little right when using the forward press. My contact is so much better though - nice divot after contact, etc. Is aiming a little left the right play? Brian, Jim, Kevin, any else - any thoughts?

Im no Brian or Kevin, but if your shots are going left, and with the desired flight path, why not aim a little left. Just dont band aid anything.

anyway, the reason they dont "suggest" the forward press is because it hinders loading the club, which reduces length.
example,
177 yard par three,

when I used forward press, before switching to mid body hands, I used a 5 iron, now (and after a few other changes) I hit 7 iron.

Im no Brian or Kevin, but if your shots are going left, and with the desired flight path, why not aim a little left. Just dont band aid anything.

anyway, the reason they dont "suggest" the forward press is because it hinders loading the club, which reduces length.
example,
177 yard par three,

when I used forward press, before switching to mid body hands, I used a 5 iron, now (and after a few other changes) I hit 7 iron.

Thanks for the input Dash!
The interesting thing is that you were shorter with a forward press. I am a club shorter with mid-body hands, and I just feel like I don't compress the ball as well, a lot of shots are a little thin. I'm hoping to see Brian in Washington this summer - I know he'll be able to help me figure this out!

Thanks for the input Dash!
The interesting thing is that you were shorter with a forward press. I am a club shorter with mid-body hands, and I just feel like I don't compress the ball as well, a lot of shots are a little thin. I'm hoping to see Brian in Washington this summer - I know he'll be able to help me figure this out!

I see, that you looked past my mental error of saying shots going left instead of right like you said, and got what i was saying... haha.

But hey, if you are playing good golf with it, and plan to see brian, keep on truckin' till the sensi gets ahold of you.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.