Francesco Molinari

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every commentator i have heard praises his ballstriking. Think his lack of length and putting might prevent him from winning some of the big ones. Coached by Denis Pugh

Michael Jacobs

Super Moderator
A good one!

I have Francesco on 3D.... Bunch of swings with all of his data. Its always interesting to see how video analysis is useless :p

Michael Jacobs

Super Moderator
"Its always interesting to see how video analysis is useless". Seriously Michael? Useless to who? A ridiculous statement in my humble opinion.

Totally useless... Log hundreds of hours on 3d and on video and you will see how video ruined golf for 30 years

Michael,Then why does Foley use video with Tiger so much? I don't understand what you are trying to say? Should we not look at our swings? what exactly do you mean by 3D?

Without video we would have no idea how the greats of the game swung the club. ( Jones, Hogan, Snead, Nelson, Nicklaus, Player, Trevino, etc ) We would know very little about their grip, address position, posture, pivot, arm swing, finish. Mr Jacobs, if you've ever referenced these players in your teaching, what you know came from video or pictures.

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
Without video we would have no idea how the greats of the game swung the club. ( Jones, Hogan, Snead, Nelson, Nicklaus, Player, Trevino, etc ) We would know very little about their grip, address position, posture, pivot, arm swing, finish. Mr Jacobs, if you've ever referenced these players in your teaching, what you know came from video or pictures.

I agree, very good for the things you mention. But you still don't know how the greats swung by looking at video. I don't want to speak for MJ but you would have to concede that the things you can measure on 3d you can't possibly get on video.

Last edited:
I am not arguing that we won't get better tools to work with and learn from. My favorite thing about this forum, is that Brian, Shields, Jacobs, etc are not afraid of new technologies and new science, even if it goes against things you've taught in the past. That open mindedness is rare. I still believe video will be a good tool for a long time to come.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
What MJ is saying is simple: Video lies a lot. Parallax all over the place. No acceleration/decelerations. Lots of seems as ifs.

NO WAY OF KNOWING WHAT FORCE OR TORQUE IS BEING APPLIED.

Can't do this directly with 3D either, but that is where the MATH starts.

For crying out loud, what in the hell you think we just drove across two states to bring TrackMan, Flightscope and Force Plates to Damon's place for?

6 degree of freedom 3D.

Status
Not open for further replies.