From the SA Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
My First Post ........
January 10 2005 at 12:16 AM Horton (Login horton2)

Response to Forget being straight - just be kinky

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello mandrin ... et al ..... I have followed your mathematical musings from the Manzella forum where I log in as "horton", and had to use horton2 on this forum since you already have a "horton" here. That said, I must share my internet impression of you. I think of you as a pure scientist who devises idealized models to practice on and discover what may lurk in a golfswing, whereas an engineer must apply that pure science into something real life functional. Engineer prefer to start with a working model and then try to use mathematics to confirm it works. Scientists, like doctors may practice, but engineer must make sure it works before they try it.

You kidding me ??!!! Hahaha. Those dix played us for chumps.

Here is a written post from Mandrin, head scientist of the inflated egos, a few years back:

“My simple ‘model golfer' shows clearly that maintaining the angle between lead arm and club shaft is very beneficial. This is not some ‘hocus pocus' or ‘cold fusion' but Newtonian physics. Homer Kelley has coined a very precise descriptive expression - POWER ACCUMULATOR.”

Strange. They looked for an argument and got it. And won.

Blindly following idealized "models" does not always reveal what happens in a working golfswing. Any engineer will tell you that what is calculated in theory does not always work in practice. Sometimes calculations must be revised to more accurately explain what happens in practice. It's called "back calculating".

What amuses me is when uneducated cultists attempt to poo-poo science when they themselves are covered in poo-poo. It's not possible to reason with these whacknuts because all they know is their feelings and friends who support their feelings.

Thankfully we have somebody like Brian, who has the working experience of teaching and can separate the facts from the poo-poo being dished out by ignorant golfers with supposedly great TGM swings ......[:eek:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.