full arm roll

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdog

New
how do we trian the full arm roll?
Rag suggest rolling the fingers under, is there a way train the roll without feeling I am compensating, or rolling the fingers on purpose, in other words, letting it happen because of good alignments?

Or is this just something that must be ingrained into or swing?

quote:Originally posted by cdog

Rag suggest rolling the fingers under, is there a way train the roll without feeling I am compensating, or rolling the fingers on purpose, in other words, letting it happen because of good alignments?

Many people seem to want/believe everything has to be natural...

The full roll is NOT natural for many people...Half roll is...Full roll is adding ROLL to the amount already imparted by the torso...

the Ideal Application

quote:Originally posted by cdog

Are you using full arm roll and wrist roll interchangeably or are you talking about two seperate things. Was taught the full wrist roll by Brian but was curious as to the full arm roll?

Thnx for tour time.

Brian

cdog

New
Whiteflash, i was talking about the same procedure.
I was told using a hitting procedure, we use a half roll ( angled hinging?), why shouldnt we use a full roll using a hitting procedure?

Brian Manzella

Administrator
I can do both...hit and full roll...but my feeling is the club isn't as open going toward the ball in hitting so.........

half-roll it.

New article has a good swivel pic.

Status
Not open for further replies.