Full-roll (or close) type release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a benefit to the "full-roll," "wedding ring up" (or close) type release in that there is less alpha/y-axis (to use the terms fr the other thread) releasing to do, and perhaps less timing involved? E.g. less elephant trunk swing; shaft up the left arm longer "through impact."

The move, in the downswing, is similar to turning a screwdriver, or twirling a fork with spaghetti at the end. (Manzella and Rocca reference- no derogatory meaning intended, as I am Italian as well, and also love all races- though I have a joke on the name Tony if anyone wants to hear it :))

This has oft been described as Constantino Rocca-like. What other pros do this or similar?

Is there a path benefit (vs swinging too inside out) to this move in that the turning motion moves the right arm above the left?

I may have missed something on this, I have missed a lot in here lately (had a few interesting months- really good and also slightly bad), including much of the info and discussion on release over the last few months. But good to be back reading again- enjoying the discussions and new "developments", as usual.

Best of luck again to all those in N.O. as well. Many good days ahead, at some point, I am sure.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
The basic benefit is to eradicate the no-gamma-late downswing, and make sure it never comes back.

But....spin and then throw is superior.

joep

New
Brian how about a video on this, seeing you told me this is what I have to do in our lesson. I have trouble doing the wedding ring up...

Brian how about a video on this, seeing you told me this is what I have to do in our lesson. I have trouble doing the wedding ring up...

Yes. Please do a beta-Front9 on a Tossed Away Twist. Dustin J holds on too much?

Just want to make a few things clear in my head about the "Twist & Toss".

Is the "Twist" = to rotation of the shaft (Gamma Torque)? Is it also the "Tumble"?

Is the "Toss" = to getting the clubhead to "Line Up" and past "Line Up"?

What is the earliest point in the DS that one would apply Gamma Torque (Twist)? What is the latest point?

What is the earliest point in the DS that one would begin to "Toss"? What is the latest point?

If I understand all of this "Torque" business, at some point in the DS, the only force we should apply is "pulling up / going normal". What is that point in the DS that this is the only force applied?

I also believe I read in one of the threads, that Gamma or Twist could add to the speed of the club head - am I correct on that, or is Gamma / Twist only needed to square the clubface?

Thanks - Bruce

Status
Not open for further replies.