Funniest thing I've seen lately

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jim McLean describing Venturi's chip as "no hand action". Then the video shows Venturi using a huge amount of right wrist cock.

dbl

New
Now I'm hoping there is a description problem here.

Was the RH bent or cocked? I suspect bent.

I saw this once and made sure I watched it again to make myself believe what he said. There was a great deal of right wrist bend on the take back and he allowed it to stayed loaded thru impact. I do not know why he described it as know hand action.

quote:Originally posted by moorejr

I saw this once and made sure I watched it again to make myself believe what he said. There was a great deal of right wrist bend on the take back and he allowed it to stayed loaded thru impact. I do not know why he described it as know hand action.

I no what you mean;)

Erik_K

New
I watched part of that show, and I didn't see the portion where he mentioned hand action.

I do know that JM doesn't want you to slap at the ball with your hands (aka left wrist breaking down).

Thus, maybe he was refering to, or meant something else when he said, 'hand action.'

It was a bent, not cocked, right wrist in TGM terms. Never seen a clearer example of the right wrist bending on a shot, but McLean missed it completely.

Garth

New
By no means am i a huge JM fan, but let me say this. When i 1st started golf, his 8 step swing at least gave me a base from which to start. Was it everything i needed? No, not even close! But getting myself into those 8 positions at least set me up for further instruction. Take his method and add into it the 3 imparitives, and guess what? You're at least playing some golf.

Status
Not open for further replies.