Gary Edwin on TGC

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did people think of Gary Edwin's ideas on the swing? He teaches Peter Lonard and Rod Pampling. The swing looks very simple and looks like hitting to me. Any thoughts?

Mike

quote:Originally posted by fmlutz

What did people think of Gary Edwin's ideas on the swing? He teaches Peter Lonard and Rod Pampling. The swing looks very simple and looks like hitting to me. Any thoughts?

Mike

Yep, to my untrained eye I thought I saw "right arm pickup."

quote:Originally posted by dclaryjr

quote:Originally posted by fmlutz

Mike

Yep, to my untrained eye I thought I saw "right arm pickup."

right arm pickup is also a swingers move no?

Something else stood out to me. I rarely watch Academy Live anymore--only twice in the last several months. But both episodes I did watch had instructors that used karate as an analogy to describe their swing. The other was Don Trahan. Both called for quiet bodies that support the swinging arms rather than the other way around.

EdZ

New
I like his view of 'narrow, wide, narrow', vs the traditional 'wide, narrow, wide' - if for no other reason than it is a great drill to feel.

Basically if you just set the club on the right shoulder, turn, swing, you'll feel the 'narrow, wide, narrow'.

An interesting approach, and if you maintain lag, the 'whip', potentially very powerful (at least lots of speed, perhaps not as much mass)

Status
Not open for further replies.