GC2 by Foresight Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone tried or have any information about this product: LINK? I couldn't find it in a search here (the 3 character name didn't help since that's too small of a search term).

I'm especially curious how useful you thought it was. Obviously it doesn't give all the information that Trackman does but it seems interesting.

They were all over the place at the PGA Merch Show Demo Day. Pretty much every place at Demo Day had them. They just had the golf ball data (launch angle, spin rate, etc). Seemed pretty close to the last time I used Trackman. Supposedly they are coming up with technology that will have the other numbers like Attack angle, path, etc. If so, really cool device. Probably about the size of an old cassette tape recorder, so it's easily portable as well.

3JACK

around $7000 for a whole lot less than flightscope X2 provides at $11000. if you are going down for the bucks go flightscope. Trackman is in another stratosphere at $27000 but it is still the king in accuracy

Jared Willerson

Super Moderator
I agree with trick. If you're going to spend 7 Grand, might as well spend 4 more and get a piece of equipment that can help you.

Our comparative tests show it's usually within a couple yards on carry distance, and 200-300 rpms high on spin rate. No descent angle, so its not really great for fittings. It's not a bad machine if you wanted to plop it down and see what your carry numbers are. Although, $7K seems a bit high for that info.

Thanks for all the responses. It's good to see other gadgets in the mix at least. The more devices the more competitive the pricing.

It seems they are trying to catch up with flightscope and flightscope is trying to catch up to trackman. That should help keep pushing everyone to make a better, more useful product. As consumers, we win in the end. Are there any other major players in this game other than these three? I've only just learned of these devices.

I use the gamechanger on an almost daily bases. I work with Cleveland golf and have spoke to the people at foresight several times. The machine is pretty dang accurate in terms of launch, spin and carry distance. Obviously you cannot beat trackman, but for the price it's pretty good. The 7k you mention seems rather high from my experience for this machine.

But as others have stated, they are suppose to come out with a machine that calculated downward etc. which would be very cool.

It is super portable, I can put it in the golf bag and play 9 holes and not really worry about additional weight.

....it's usually within a couple yards on carry distance...
But carry is calculated from initial launch parameters and not tracked for the full flight. So when atmosferic situation is different then the used atmosferic values in the calculation then carry calculation will suffer.

How did you test it's carry calculation in your comparative tests?

We only tested it outdoors at our location here in GA, and compared it to FS, TM, and Bushnell.

I understand, so carry calculations compared to real carry measurement. How was the left/right deviation calculation quality and sidespin data?

Do you have access to optimal flight?

To be honest, I don't recall the specifics of the right/left or sidespin data by comparison.

Do not.

Pity...I know some clubfitters are trying to determine if the machine would be a good replacement for the vectro so any comparision data is more then welcome.

Shouldn't be a problem to get that info for you. Next time we have it out, I'll be sure to get all the comparative data and maybe a few pics.

Useful FlightScope X2 Review: LINK

According to this guy the X2 competes with Trackman at a much lower price (12k he says in the comments). It might not be too long before "normal" folk can afford to have our own swing measurement devices (at or near the Trackman level) for daily practice.

Last edited:
No AoA. Great little machine though. Easy peasy lemon squeezy. Great for spin (back, left or right), distance and ball speed. It truly is idiot proof indoors or out on mats or turf.

Status
Not open for further replies.