Get The Right Frames Per Second

Status
Not open for further replies.

rwh

New
Brian,

1. What do you recommend as optimum frames per second for videoing Golf swings?

2. What cameras would you recommend for videoing golf swings that have the frames per second you recommend ($500 - $1000 price range).

Thanks in advance.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
All camcorder have the same FRAMES per scond (30) but during the frame SHUTTER SPEED is what you mean and 1/4,000th or 1/10,000th is the trick.

Sony HC-65 at about $550
I'll sell you my Sony TRV-80 for $900 ($1200 new)

You can also go with the Panasonic GS-9 that works up to 1/8000. It goes for about $300 bucks. A good price for what you need.

Redgoat

rwh

New
I have a Sony TRV27 with 1/4000. I didn't think that was fast enough. There are only three frames that show on the downswing from waist high to impact to waist high. Is that right? It seems like there should be more frames over such a large distance.

rwh

New
Yes, club parallel to the ground.

It looks like my camera is okay, after all. Thank you Brian and Brady for helping me to understand this.

I need whatever it takes to ensure you get the frame when the hands just reach the right thigh on the DS. This position is what separates the men from the boys. The shaft should be at horizontal or above. Most tour players are above horizontal. Howell is way above. This position is about 6/100th of a sec before collision.

rwh,

It may be your media viewer. Do you have a decent swing analysis package?
I get better frame by frame viewing with those than the standard media player packages.

TS

rwh

New
quote:Originally posted by Turfspanker

rwh,

It may be your media viewer. Do you have a decent swing analysis package?
I get better frame by frame viewing with those than the standard media player packages.

TS

TS,

I just got cSwing, but I haven't loaded any of my swings on it. I'll give that a try. Thanks for the suggestion.

cSwing will work well at 1/4000. Make sure you don't compress the video to anything. Just raw dv/.avi feed. You should get at least 2 or 3 frames between club at parallel and impact.

rwh

New
Turfspanker,

You are correct, sir! I loaded the video into cSwing and it is much better. Thanks to everyone for you help.

Status
Not open for further replies.