Get To Impact

Status
Not open for further replies.

rwh

New
Brian,

Going from Classic Address to Impact Hands, the clubhead moves farther away from the Hands. To make up that distance, I think I have been trying to move the Arms and Hands forward, independent of the Pivot. What I now think is supposed to happen is that the turning of the Pivot brings the clubhead into Impact -- that is, the rotation makes up the distance, not an effort to move the shaft forward with the Arms and Hands. Am I finally perceiving the mechanics of getting the clubhead to Impact correctly?

quote:Originally posted by rwh

Brian,

Going from Classic Address to Impact Hands, the clubhead moves farther away from the Hands. To make up that distance, I think I have been trying to move the Arms and Hands forward, independent of the Pivot. What I now think is supposed to happen is that the turning of the Pivot brings the clubhead into Impact -- that is, the rotation makes up the distance, not an effort to move the shaft forward with the Arms and Hands. Am I finally perceiving the mechanics of getting the clubhead to Impact correctly?

RWH:

Quick question...could you explain further what you mean by "Going from Classic to Impact Hands, the clubhead moves farther away from the Hands". If the clubshaft does not change lengths, wouldn't the clubhead always be the same distance from the hands? I'm wondering if the last word in the statement HANDS, was meant to be a different word?

rwh

New
FL_John,

Referring to the movement of the clubhead backwards by changing only the wrist positions from Flat Right Wrist, Bent Left Wrist [Classic Address attitude] to Bent Right Wrist, Flat Left Wrist [Impact Attitude].

Brian Manzella

Administrator
If you 'change' your hands on the backswing (or the downswing) from 'address hands' to 'impact hands,' you will have already made up the distance...so to speak.

Got me?

rwh

New
quote:Originally posted by brianman

If you 'change' your hands on the backswing (or the downswing) from 'address hands' to 'impact hands,' you will have already made up the distance...so to speak.

Got me?

Okay! So, going to "Impact Hands" moves the Hands to where they need to be -- like Hogan's waggle -- and my job is to keep them there and allow the throw-out action of the Pivot to deliver the clubhead on time?

Rhw,
You are on your way to playing some mighty good golf. Brian said in one of his videos the most significant comment i have ever heard on the secret to golf. He said, "you've got to get as much of you on that ball as possible." The longest two inches in golf is from adress hands to impact. Soooooooooooooooo.......stand at adress, twist your hips into impact with a flat left/bent right, and chip shot those impact conditions, feel like you could snap the shaft against the ground with your hips, glutes. Do 200 a day until you have total control over the ball, then your friends, then the world.

rwh

New
quote:Originally posted by diggerdog

Rhw,
You are on your way to playing some mighty good golf. Brian said in one of his videos the most significant comment i have ever heard on the secret to golf. He said, "you've got to get as much of you on that ball as possible." The longest two inches in golf is from adress hands to impact. Soooooooooooooooo.......stand at adress, twist your hips into impact with a flat left/bent right, and chip shot those impact conditions, feel like you could snap the shaft against the ground with your hips, glutes. Do 200 a day until you have total control over the ball, then your friends, then the world.

Thank you, diggerdog -- I like the "snap the shaft" idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.