Go ahead...

Status
Not open for further replies.

footwedge

Oh, your doing a good job with what you have at this time, but you can do better , much better, you have the ability to be alot better, one can see that from the vids. Good luck.

This finish feels unnatural and I don't see how one finishes with the butt of the club out to right field when the club wants to work around to the left. However, I think the goal is to have high hands at the finish with the club, more or less, sort of hanging straight down from the top at the finish.

Erik - One very small point -- I personally think that because of D-plane, when hitting an iron that "butt end pointing at the target or slightly right of the target" may actually mean, when adjusted for D-plane, having butt end of club pointing ten yards left of target -- because path for a straight shot may optimally be 12 yards left of target.

So I wouldn't get hung up on worrying about ending up pointing exactly at target or right of it.

Same here, I end up trying to point a little left of target.

In any case, that move makes your move through the ball look very different and less fade-like. To my amateur eyes.

Anyways, I think Erik has a great backswing. But he is doing some serious pelvis thrusting on the way down and it is throwing his path way out. I bet he is moving at least 6" closer to the ball. I don't think he is really standing up on it as much as his crotch going towards the ball which in turn makes you stand up some. So for me I would worry more about keeping the and creating more distance from the crotch to the ball on the downswing. But like I said in the 1st post, the Pros are the ones to listen too. There is a reason why they don't talk about early extension that much because for most it can be fixed by correcting the hand path.

Is hand path how you corrected your early extension? I was trying all kinds of moves today and managed to created more room for delivery but, after looking at the video, I was still up on the toes of my rear foot prior to impact.

Jwat

New
Is hand path how you corrected your early extension? I was trying all kinds of moves today and managed to created more room for delivery but, after looking at the video, I was still up on the toes of my rear foot prior to impact.

I wouldn't say that I have corrected my early extension, but just managing it. All the instructors view my early extension problem as a handpath problem which is probably correct. But right now I haven't been able to correct that as much so instead I am pushing my a$$ way out at the beginning of the swing and holding it out there thoughout the DS. Almost Keegan Bradley like.

I am not saying this is the answer, but defintley fixed the pulls. I look at every pro or scratch player and none of them pelvic thrust the way I do. Now if your only problem is the right foot coming off of the ground, most power hitters make this move into the ball. I think if your pelvis stays back but your right foot is off the ground you are still in a pretty good position.

Jwat

New
Yea his pelvis never moves toward the ball. Either does any good players I have ever seen. I wonder how the hand path correction would help the pelvis thrust?

I worked on this with Damon. I too, can't seem to get the "feel" of this. Sadly, I work much further away now and haven't had a chance to get back down and see Damon - but I will!

Last edited:

Jwat

New
Yea I think if the right hip is going towards the ball instead of the target in the downswing than it would definitley affect handpath.

Status
Not open for further replies.