Go MAVS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got up at 2:30 local time in Germany to see it. SOOOO happy I managed to get out of bed.
Dirk is now recepted as the great player he is.

I got up at 2:30 local time in Germany to see it. SOOOO happy I managed to get out of bed.
Dirk is now recepted as the great player he is.

Anyone who didn't accept him as a great player before the ring is an idiot. The "rings" as a key statistical measure of an individual in a team game is probably the most annoying thing in sports (to me).

I wonder if Colin Cowherd is still preaching to the masses that Gasol > Dirk.
I didn't agree this time last year when he was preaching it and i certainly don't now.

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
Anyone who didn't accept him as a great player before the ring is an idiot. The "rings" as a key statistical measure of an individual in a team game is probably the most annoying thing in sports (to me).

Agreed to a point; however in the NBA it really matters. NBA is one of only sports i can think of where the series are long enough that the better team almost always wins and that is usually because they have the better players and star players can definitely win you series.

In baseball it's almost always whoever has the best pitching that wins, in football it really is a flip of a coin these days.

Robert Horry won 7 championships. Seven more than Lebron James, Seven more than Carl Malone, Seven more than C. Webb, Seven more than Sir Charles, and 1 more than Jordan.

In a team game championships are mostly a team accomplishment. I get a lil pissy when people compare players based on championships. I would rather we take a look at who they had on their team, and who they played against....

Jared Willerson

Super Moderator
Robert Horry....quite possibly the luckiest NBA player of all time.

Or unluckiest...If I played in the NBA, I would ask my agent to put me on the worst team, every year. I could be done in April and work on my golf game.....kind of like Reggie Theus from back in the day. Get my 22 a night and have the best golf game in the league because I never made the playoffs...plus I'm rich.

Robert Horry....quite possibly the luckiest NBA player of all time.

Or unluckiest...If I played in the NBA, I would ask my agent to put me on the worst team, every year. I could be done in April and work on my golf game.....kind of like Reggie Theus from back in the day. Get my 22 a night and have the best golf game in the league because I never made the playoffs...plus I'm rich.

Sounds good to me!

I would rather have Robert Horry take the game winning shot over Lebron any day anytime anywhere. he obviously isn't a greater player than Lebron but there is something to be said for making shots that win huge games in the elimination format. Say what you want about the number of rings he has but he DID play a big role in almost every playoff run.

Agreed to a point; however in the NBA it really matters. NBA is one of only sports i can think of where the series are long enough that the better team almost always wins and that is usually because they have the better players and star players can definitely win you series.

In baseball it's almost always whoever has the best pitching that wins, in football it really is a flip of a coin these days.

Lebron, as the only star player on Cleveland got them to the playoffs but couldn't push them past the higher caliber teams. You can see how terrible his supporting cast was this year without him. On a team with help he made the finals. There is just so much more to it than just rings, although, if Lebron had elevated his game he would have one. I suspect he'll get one next year. Kind of like Rory bouncing back at the US Open after his Masters.

Status
Not open for further replies.