Go Troy Kelly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leader in the clubhouse through 3 rounds at the Greenbrier is my good friend, Troy Kelly. I spend a lot of time on tour ranges because he appointed me as his teacher.

While I don't really consider myself his teacher, over the last two years I have shared many of the concepts found on this forum such as 'un-tugging', 'carry', and of course, the D Plane.

The guy had hip replacement surgery 2 years ago and made it to the Tour through the Nationwide (web.com) last year where he had zero status to start out. He was considering caddying at Bighorn for a living until he started shooting 63's all over the place not long after the surgery.
Great guy, total Soft Draw pattern, serous underdog.
Send him some good vibes Sunday.

Sorry Troy did not pull it off. Kind of rooting for both of them - I am kind of an "underdog" guy.. Potters GF got to be up for one of the "best dressed" on tour. Pretty "hot" outfit. Us 70 year old guys have an "eye" for that sort of stuff.

Ryan Smither

Super Moderator
Nice work, Billy. Tough finish, but that was a lot of fun to watch. That putting stroke could sure use some work. ;) Does he ever miss?

Ach. Great week though. We've been working for months on "plunking" them in instead of ramming them in. The cup finally started hugging some in there.
I knew he was in trouble with that back right location of 18...he's like Lehman with that solid draw.
Hope everyone got a kick out of it. Just talked to him---that 658k will keep him out of depression.

Ach. Great week though. We've been working for months on "plunking" them in instead of ramming them in. The cup finally started hugging some in there.
I knew he was in trouble with that back right location of 18...he's like Lehman with that solid draw.
Hope everyone got a kick out of it. Just talked to him---that 658k will keep him out of depression.

It's always nice to have a rooting interest, especially when some of the bigger names have the weekend off. It's also nice to see someone make it back from adversity.

Status
Not open for further replies.