golf... and the newly married man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I just got married recently... november the 15 for all who care.

Now I guess you can say, I am the classic American man, golf is my hobby, I work at a law firm, and Im married. Never ever thought that I would be THAT guy...

anyway, I found that while I am going through a Tiff with the wife, typical type stuff while driving in the car, Its best to just pull over, at the nearest edwin watts, golfgalaxy, golfsmith, whathaveyou. and take it out on the demo clubs. Leave the wife in the car though... It wont be hard, she will be twice as pissed that you pulled over at the golf store, and she wont want to come in.

see, im still getting my practice in...;)

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
Just let her know where golf stands in the pecking order and never concede an inch. If you do it s a slippery slope to only 9 holes a week like some of the guys I know. Stand firm!!

The pecking order:

1: wife
2: golf
3: bills
4: food
-----------------
29: new clothes
----------------
103: flowers and cards
-----------------
178: jewelry
----------------
1034: "dates out"

The only thing she will do is drive the cart...

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
your golf time is her time to do what she likes to do by herself. Thats how my g/f and i handle it. When i play golf, she goes out with her friends and we get the needed time away from each other to keep our sanity.

win win

Damon Lucas

Super Moderator
I agree with Kevin- Golf is not negotiable!
Allow plenty of freedom for her to do pretty much what she wants, and give plenty, but ........NOT NEGOTIABLE.....well.....at least try! Lol

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
your golf time is her time to do what she likes to do by herself. Thats how my g/f and i handle it. When i play golf, she goes out with her friends and we get the needed time away from each other to keep our sanity.

win win

Wait till that ring goes on......

Just set the tone early. Looks like you have.

Teach her to hit a compressed draw!

Soon enough she will be.................hooked!@!@

(har har har har hardy har har)..................("pardon the pun")

never heard that one before. blue collar worker would be a more classic definition.

I think at this point anyone who has a job is doing good...

btw, if I can get her to hit a shot at all Ill be happy.

oh, and when we started dateing "Ill never say you cant go golfing" really meant, "you can go golfing when I say so, not that I will"

In all seriousness though guys, its been pretty good, we went out of town for the wedding and I still got to play this awesome coarse with my dad in northren georgia he used to play when I was a kid. Instead of going with the girls shopping, she wanted to go with me, my brother and my dad golfing. It was awesome, she took pictures, Ill have to show you.

still, Ill never have the freedom of being able to play whenever i wanted like when i was single...:(

Dash,

It's not hard now. Wait until you have kids. I've been a club pro a long time and I'v seen plenty of dew sweeper, first off groups that race home for family time.

The key is communication and planning at least 7 days out. I send my wife my calendar so I can address the "beefs" well in advance:) I try not to surprize her with, "I'm tee it tomorrow." That never goes over well!

Or you can marry/date a woman who likes her "me time". My dad did this and my mom was cool with him playing, on average, both days on the weekend and maybe a weekday afternoon every couple of weeks. And some practice whenever he could.

Some years, he'd play an average of 3 times a week. The only thing that kept him from playing was work.

I think I'm following the same route at this point...

my gf knew when we got together that golf was my passion and there wouldn't be any compromise there. she'd never said a word about it, and I don't think she actually cares :)

my gf knew when we got together that golf was my passion and there wouldn't be any compromise there. she'd never said a word about it, and I don't think she actually cares :)

till you get married... its a miracle im still allowed on this site...

Status
Not open for further replies.