Golf Shaft for #3 wood

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking into the idea of reshafting my Titleist 910 Fd 13.5 deg metal wood. Current shaft is Diamana "Ahina" for Titleist 82 gram 'S" (low launch). I currently have the hosel setting to adjust the loft to 15 deg but am having trouble launching high enough to maximize carry from reasonably tight fairway lies. Launch angle off a low tee is fine.

At my age (almost 70), this may be a little "too much shaft" for me. I have the same shaft (75 gram) in my 910 D3 (8.5 and set to 8.5) and the launch angle and spin are fine with this shaft. Club Head speed for me is between 95 and 100 mph with the driver. I carry about 240 to 245 with the driver (Pro V1x ball).

Maybe a slightly lighter shaft for the 3 wood that would provide medium launch with maybe a little more spin would be better for the # 3. I am used to "feeling" a fairly firm tip section with all of my clubs. Do not want anything that would "balloon".

Looking for ideas or suggestions.

Also, do you have to send back to Titleist for reshafting (due to the adjustable hosel) or can a qualified repair shop do it?

Thanks - Bruce

Wouldn't it make sense to seek out a fitter in your area, or the Titleist Rep who does demo days in your area, so you could simply try out some different shafts. That's what I did with for my Titleist 3 wood and hybrid. I had the 909 models and explained to the Rep that I felt
the stock Stiff Voodoo shaft wasn't working for me. The best shafts for me, at the time, were heavier and tip stiff. I have been satisfied with those choices for the 910 models.

The adapters are available aftermarket.

Status
Not open for further replies.