Golf training aids

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, that's kind of a loaded question. Compressing the ball more often? I'm about a 20 hcp, I need help all over. I guess consistant contact is a good place to start, not sure though.

Thanks Jim.

JJKing

New
Martin Chuck sells it. I would highly recommend it for improving club-ball-turf contact. I use one from time to time when I need to. It certainly improves compression. The vast majority of training aids are nearly worthless however so be careful before you waste your money.

Can anyone recommend some golf training aids that actually work?
How about a lesson with Brian Manzella to start out? Best training aid that you could spend your money on and will provide the absolute best bang for your buck in terms of improvement in every phase of your game, guaranteed!

Tour Striker
Smart Stick
LPAS (Laser Putting Alignment System)
Taly
GyroSwing
The Ole Chalkline (for putting)

3JACK

Tourstriker

Give the Tourstriker a try. It has helped my game tremendously and Martin Chuck is extremely helpfully and approachable :) One of the best if not the best training aid to teach and impressupon you the need to make ball - turf contact!

Has anyone tried the orange whip. Gives a real good feeling of a lagging clubhead takeaway...

and the transition feel, especially of starting the transition with the lower body. I use it to warm up.

I have a few "training aids", but none better than hitting balls as often as I can.

Anyone try the sonic golf thing yet?

Me.

Don't know why but I got results immediately. I suspect that listening to the sound wiped the mind of all swing thoughts. I found it difficult to determine differences in swing speed from the sound pitch.

But it is a pain in the ass to use:

1. You must replace the grips with those provided (3 Tour Velvets). If your grips are oversize, you end up with a grip that is too small, even with several wraps. And, remember that these grips become your playing grips. They can't be swapped out for your regulars.

2. Everytime you switch clubs the transducer has to be re-taped to fit into the new bore.

3. The earpieces are wired. A full swing will usually often dislodge them. Bluetooth would be much better.

4. The electronics on my version are not stable. Lots of hangs or uncontrollable squealing requiring a reboot.

I don't use it at all.

Drew

Give the Tourstriker a try. It has helped my game tremendously and Martin Chuck is extremely helpfully and approachable :) One of the best if not the best training aid to teach and impressupon you the need to make ball - turf contact!

I just received my TourStriker Pro club and had to rush to the driving range straight away. I was expecting a lot of low runners but that wasn't the case.
I even managed some fairly high shots. The thing is I don't think I am suddenly cured from the flipping so I have the feeling I am cheating the system somehow. What is the best way to practise with the TourStriker pro to get the full benefit of it? I have the tendency to hit slightly behind the ball, could this cause the club to get into impact positition when practising on a matt?

I played off two different matts. One very old hard one and one which was slightly softer (I hit the highest balls on that one).
Do you recommend playing of a hard plastic board?

Do you recommend to practise 'pivot powered' chips first before going to full shots?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.