Golf TV Channel

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate the golf channel. I would like to see someone start another golf channel to compete with it. There is never anything worth a damn on the channel and its all ads, nonstop.
Anyone know how to start a golf channel where meaningful instruction could take place; I could get the investors if someone knew how to do the rest.

quote:Originally posted by silvercreek

excercise infomercials. i'd rather watch a 10 hour loop of golf central.

You two need a finance course. Ads pay for programming. Info commercials bring in the big bucks. Everything else costs money to show. The tours don’t pay the GC to air the action. GC needs more advertising. You need to switch channels when something you don’t like is airing. There’s golf on ESPN even some local programs. Besides, too much GC cuts into Manzella online time.

Well, personally, i'd rather see a Tony Little ad than Tiger Woods' top ten for the ten thousandth time! Well, maybe not Tony Little. That guy is a pest isnt he? TGC just seems to have gotten away from the action. I dont care if it is re-runs of Majors from 10 years ago, I still want to see golf action. No offense, but I dont want to see a lesbian yakking with two guys about nonsense on the Grey Goose. Even 90% of their instruction is pointless dribble anymore. I see that "Inside Approach" infomericial is getting tons of play time. Jack sold out and is hawking that over priced piece of Home Depot PVC and foam. Now, you can buy copies of those things on ebay for under $20.

quote:Originally posted by FanofHogan

Well, personally, i'd rather see a Tony Little ad than Tiger Woods' top ten for the ten thousandth time! Well, maybe not Tony Little. That guy is a pest isnt he? TGC just seems to have gotten away from the action. I dont care if it is re-runs of Majors from 10 years ago, I still want to see golf action. No offense, but I dont want to see a lesbian yakking with two guys about nonsense on the Grey Goose. Even 90% of their instruction is pointless dribble anymore. I see that "Inside Approach" infomericial is getting tons of play time. Jack sold out and is hawking that over priced piece of Home Depot PVC and foam. Now, you can buy copies of those things on ebay for under $20.

Lesbian, come on now. Not called for unless you are homosexual yourself.
Jack sold out? He has sold products for a long time. This Inside Approach is a pretty good. Yes you could make one but not everyone can. There are worse aids out there. What I like about it is that the arm comes off easily when hit wrong. Some don't. I clothes hander bent works too, but let someone make a buck in this world without saying "sold out."

If you see an info commerial last past a month, two months, it means its selling products.

quote:Originally posted by 6bee1dee

Lesbian, come on now. Not called for unless you are homosexual yourself.
Jack sold out? He has sold products for a long time. This Inside Approach is a pretty good. Yes you could make one but not everyone can. There are worse aids out there. What I like about it is that the arm comes off easily when hit wrong. Some don't. I clothes hander bent works too, but let someone make a buck in this world without saying "sold out."

If you see an info commerial last past a month, two months, it means its selling products.

It was tounge in cheek! I hate to use the old cliche but some of my best friends are gay. Literally! As for Jack making a buck? He's made plenty. :D

I could forgive a lot of things that air on the Golf Channel if they'd bring back Kessler and bring some new, more challenging programming on-board (as opposed to the constant re-purposing of their archival material). But the management is very MOR, as they say in the music biz, and afraid to take risks.

quote:Originally posted by southpaw

I could forgive a lot of things that air on the Golf Channel if they'd bring back Kessler and bring some new, more challenging programming on-board (as opposed to the constant re-purposing of their archival material). But the management is very MOR, as they say in the music biz, and afraid to take risks.

And the crazy thing about that is, they dont have any direct competition. But maybe that is why they keep bringing back the same re-run after re-run. I agree on Kessler. They lost a good interviewer.

quote:Originally posted by southpaw

And the crazy thing about that is, they dont have any direct competition. But maybe that is why they keep bringing back the same re-run after re-run. I agree on Kessler. They lost a good interviewer.

We agree with that, I dropped cable for a few months (75 bucks a month, I need a break) and don't miss the golf channel one bit. They need new producers, they have a vault of instruction and interview at their disposable, own the rights to the Shell’s, yada, yada. And what do we get? Not much. If they want to run info, fine, everyone needs to pay the bills, but get new blood producers and wow us sometimes.

Yeah, “ join us tonight for the premier of The Golfing Machine hosted by Brian Manzella at eight.”

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Believe me the golf world isn't ready (yet) for a guy like me.

But...one day.................

.....................................BAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!^%$&@^%&^$%&^%$!

Status
Not open for further replies.