Golfing Machine terminology and benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I was considering getting an AI cert, I read someplace else, I was given the advice to be able answer a set questions without looking in the book and that I should know the basic book layout.

My response was that I thought this was a bit much for an open book test and what was the benefit, other than the obvious that I would have covered the material.

Then in a far way land, pre Brian's forum, someplace else, I was getting a bit frustrated with some responses. I would ask for clarification and again the response was well not very satisfying. Note the initial responses were not to my questions but some others, so you could say I was jumping into the conversation, so to speak. Then one poster responded and pointed out that in only a few words, a few terms that he could communicate with other qualified instructors and people who had learned it.

Based on that, I saw some advantage in the recommendation. Though it wasn't recommended that I need to quote Chapter, paragraph and verse, it was recommended I learn the basic section, the fundamentals and the terms. In otherwords instead of using target hand, use left when proper, etc. I took the advice, went back and did study and did memorize and or learned TGM that way. It turned out that with classroom and range time, getting the test done was very much easier. If I had depended upon the index and thumbing through the book, I probably would have had at best a very difficult time.

And the person who provided the advice?

BRIAN....

And still today he was right, using the right terms when discussing it with others can be very much easier. Now as in his post here and in emails and talking to him you may have noticed the lack of specific TGM chapter, paragraph, verse references, I think that is what is called effective communications, knowing you student/audience and communicating to them with words that will mean something to them.

Oh, I still after three years can't quote chapter, paragraph and verse, though I know what chapter to go to and I do know some of the verses.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jared Willerson

Super Moderator
That's cool Martee, Brian has given me a lot of advice on how I coach my High School team, it will make a big difference this spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.