Good Grief - "oily"...FLW..."Twistaway"...relax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so "oily" wrists and forearms with a FLW (don't flip) while holding the "twistaway" (I lose it in the downswing, so add "keep the right wrist bent") and don't have any tension! I walked off the practice range with a terrible headache. I am trying too hard? How is all of this supposed to happen without trying hard. On the positive side, I never whiffed.

Has anyone else been through this?

Thanks,
p

May want to work on one thing at a time. Video tape a few swings, go home and watch and see if you're doing what you're working on or at least on the right track. Then once you get that down, move onto another component...record it, see if you're doing it right.

Also, I find that if you want a FLW at impact, the best way to do it is to not think about keeping the left wrist flat.

3JACK

Jwat

New
I was having this problem with the twistaway as well. Couldn't quite hold the right hinge at the bottom of the swing. Figured out that I my right shoulder was collapsing at the start of the transistion which made it where I couldn't reach the ball without flipping. Added a little "carry" to start the downswing. Have been hitting them flush ever since. Still have a pull draw mix in every once in a while when I don't get a complete turn on the backswing.

I'm not quite sure I understand how the right shoulder collapses. I believe it is supposed to "drop" (go down).

Status
Not open for further replies.