Green Charting or Mapping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to get ready for some tournaments, couple of questions.

1. Does anyone know of a website that has green charts or maps for different clubs? If not, maybe I should start one.
2. What is the easiest way to chart greens, short and simple. I'm guessing find the most popular hole locations and then chart from East, West, North, and South.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

CCC1Grn-1.jpg

I like to use a 5 square yard grid based off the front (the star) of the green. If you have the shotmaking accuracy of a MTD, you can use a 1 square foot grid. :)

I'll note any "unusual" features of the green with the grid. Locate the anchors. If the hole locations are known in advance, record the slope direction and slope percentage (Aimpoint). Otherwise just generally mark the drawing to aid me in how I process the approach.

However, I usually don't do this for every tournament, they are time consuming to do. If it's an event where they paint mark the hole locations a day or two ahead of time having the slope direction (12:00 and 6:00) and it's percentage is worth cold hard strokes. :)

Then again, I'm not a pro with pro accuracy so sometimes all I wind up doing is hope to hit a 30 yard grid and two putt. :rolleyes:

I use a Break Master -, find likely areas on the green where the pin positions (couple readings) will be (if the pin is front, likely the pin will be middle if you do a day before prep). Roll ball around the area for the sneaky late breaks. Jot info down a little mead notepad.
Basically looking for about 15 reads a green (direction of break and slope #). Plan to do only a few holes at a practice session, more work then you think. Home course already know the breaks, but others I play a few times a year.....priceless.
JeffS

Last edited:
Trying to get ready for some tournaments, couple of questions.

1. Does anyone know of a website that has green charts or maps for different clubs? If not, maybe I should start one.
2. What is the easiest way to chart greens, short and simple. I'm guessing find the most popular hole locations and then chart from East, West, North, and South.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

There is a decent Aimpoint app that may of some assistance. AimPoint Technologies

If you play the courses frequently, a few drinks bought during the course of a season might just get you the pin locations planned for that event in your hands a week to ten days before the event. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.