Grey Goose

Status
Not open for further replies.
I happened to see the 19th hole with Kelly Tilghman and two other he men, one was on the big break. I was embarrassed for them at how stupid their conversation was and how they kept talking over one another and making no sense. Anyone else think The Golf Channel needs to revise who they have on this show?

EdZ

New
I've only been able to tolerate about 10 seconds before I turn that one off.....perhaps one just hs to be drunk to find that show interesting, since the whole thing is one big commercial.

Mathew

Banned
Very much so....

Instructionally they could be so much better. The troubleshooters are clueless....at least IMO. They should get someone with a real understanding to 'vet' the instructors before coming in there.

EdZ

New
didn't he 'leave' after calling palmer on the COR issue?

Kessler is far, far better than who they have now.... Vince sucks and Marr is a joke....Nettles...adds nothing..... Kelley is good, Caponi is good, Lye is solid, Folz is a good host, Lerner/hammons is so-so, and Laidlaw needs more exposure, I'd rather see him than most of the network guys.....

quote:Originally posted by southpaw

Ever since Kessler left, the Golf Channel has turned into one big infomercial... dumb and duller.

Ironically, it's Peter Kessler leading the infomercial charge there at the golf channel (ahh. . . the perfect club).

The best show by far IMHO is Playing With the Pros.

quote:Originally posted by Mathew

Very much so....

Instructionally they could be so much better. The troubleshooters are clueless....at least IMO. They should get someone with a real understanding to 'vet' the instructors before coming in there.

The sad part Mathew is the wealth of instruction they have and never re-run. I'm thinking of Chuck Cook with Payne Stewart. Martin Hall and other TGM background teachers are there - I wish they would show them. Instead we get weak questions from Kelly. Pete was great at following and directing an instruction back on track.

quote:Originally posted by semipro

I happened to see the 19th hole with Kelly Tilghman and two other he men, one was on the big break. I was embarrassed for them at how stupid their conversation was and how they kept talking over one another and making no sense. Anyone else think The Golf Channel needs to revise who they have on this show?

I agree, the fella at the left, Steve, has for the last few months in his newspaper column, been trashing Michelle Wie. Trash away but you better do better then just saying that a 14 yr old girl has no place playing. Even after some impressive outings, he still continues with put her down. Wie can play beyond her 14 years. I'm sure that if it was a 14 yaer od lad, with a big friendly smile, he would lead his charge. The show is best when Joe Logan of the Philadelphia Inquirer is on.

I liked Kessler, Great interviewer. I dont care for the Puuuuuurrrrfect Club infommercial, but he is better than a lot of the other hosts they have. I think the Golf Channel relies heavily on the fact that they are the only source for golf 24/7 and maybe get a tad lazy since they know the general golfing public will tune in just because it's golf. Rich Lerner acts as if he wants to have Tiger Woods' baby or something. I dont know, I guess I see enough of Tiger Woods that i dont want to see him 24/7 or his top ten shots of the year. I am obviously in the minority on that subject, but oh well. Playing Lessons with the pros is enjoyable. Pelz is a whip in the arse. He knows about the short game, but he just goes on and on with the statisics and stuff. Ledbetter? I think Matthew has covered him well enough already. :) I dont mind Rick Smith too much, he is okay. Reinmouth gets tiresome too. There was a thread on another forum about Adam Barr. Someone mentioned how horrible his swing was and several people claiming to know him say he is a very likeable guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.