Gustaf....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gustav....

Hey, I saw hjack post on this in another thread, but Im starting its own thread...

How are all of you guys doing in Louisiana, preparing for the storm? I havent been paying much attention to it, but I heard on the news last night that it looks to be heading toward New Orleans... Thats the last thing you guys need I know..

Hope all of you are safe, and this thing doesnt get too big and hurt you guys too bad, if I could, I would make it turn and hit me here in Tampa... I think we could handle a hit better than you guys taking another wallop....

Be safe you guys, Brian and wife, anyone in the path of the storm... the rest of the forum is thinking about you.

Micah.

Last edited:
IF YOU DONT MIND DASH

TO ALL THE PEOPLE, BRIAN,LISA, TOM BARTLETT............AND ANYONE ELSE IN LOUISIANA......OR IN THE PATH OF WEATHER....PLEASE BE CAREFUL AND SAFE.......JUST AS THE GOLF BALL DOESN'T KNOW OUR SWING MOVEMENTS.......STORMS COULD CARE LESS WHO IS IN ITS WAY..............all of you are in my prayers.

hjack......(way outside the top 5 smartest people on the forum)

OK DASH.....ILL TAKE A HIT IN SARASOTA IF NEW ORLEANS IS LEFT ALONE

Last edited:

d0n

New
This storm is about as predictable as what I will shoot on Saturday.

Yes this is very true. Tonight the 20+ forecast models are finally all starting to converge. Gustav has given me a headache this week. I'm a member of my company's Incident Command Team and we have been tracking this thing since Monday. We've got offshore rigs from Alabama to Texas. Gustav is literally shutting down the Gulf for oil and gas production.

Currently the forecast tracks show it coming onshore around Lake Charles. NOAA's website is pretty much on track with what the models are aligning on. We've still got 4.5-5 days before landfall so there's a lot of changing that can (and probably will) happen.

The interesting thing is that there are more lined up behind this Gustav. It's going to be hectic next couple of weeks...

All you guys in Louisiana and along the Gulf Coast, stay safe! We're hoping to do the same in Houston!

Status
Not open for further replies.