Gym workouts for golf? ...and Manzella's quest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erik_K

New
quote:Originally posted by brianman

quote:Originally posted by brianman

When I was in High School I was the starting free saftey on a 5-A football powerhouse outside of New Olreans. I weighed 157 lbs. I ran a 4.9 forty, a 4:57 mile, threw a football 55 yards easily and shot 77 in the state High school Tourney with probably the worst golf swing of all-time (of anyone who could break 80 and couldn't putt a lick).

Even though I was only 16 years old as a senior, I had several chances to play college football, but at 5'9" I knew better. I worked on my golf game and got a scholarship and wound up playing #1 & #2 and was the captain my senior year. I was still in good enough shape to run a 4.87 40-yard dash—ON A CURVE—In tennis shoes—running for fun against the track guys. I weighed about 165.

By the time I was working for Stan Stopa in the mid 80's I had slowly gained weight from college and was about 185, and it was mostly fat. But a couple of big changes were coming. My dad passed away at 59 from a heart attack, and I got divorced. So I went to work (out). And a started a diet called "Eat To Win." I was 90% on that diet for about 5 years.

I lost 35 lbs of fat and played basketball 5 days a week, football 2 days a week, walked at least 100 golf holes a week, and did a little dancing three or four nights a week. Boy was I in shape. Weighed 150 soak and wet.

By 1995 (I think that was the year), I had gained some weight back, but was still in A+ condition. This was the year I ran up and down a mountain outside of Salinas, California to win a bet with Mike Finney and Tom Bartlett (They videoed it, and the viewing of which WAS the entertainment at Tom Bartlett's wedding a few years back. The running wasn't anywhere near as funny as the commentary. Trust me). I weighed about 175

45 days before my wedding in 2003, I weighed 205, no shape to take 700 pictures. A great freind of mine, Terry Meiners, ran me everyday and I dieted and walked down the aisle at 179.

At the first Golfing Machine Summit last year in Alabama, I weighed in at about 225! Yikes!

Somehow, I lost a couple of lbs before I started this new program, two weeks ago today. I weighed 220.

I am back on "Eat to Win" albiet the "Eat to Win 1st Century edition," and in two weeks I now weigh right at 210.

This is with ZERO excercise. I torm my achilles tendon in June and really it just got to where I can play some ball again.

So, my Louisville season starts in two weeks and I will have access to a great gym and basketball everywhere. I hope to be under 200 by May 1.

If I work hard on it all summer, I think sub-175 is attainable.

I'd like to wear some 34 inch pants to the Two Summits (TGM & PGA) IN December, and weigh in on my 45th birthday on December 11th at 165!

:)

Can I do it?

I will keep you all up to date.

On March 10th, I weighed 221.

March 24th 210

Today, Friday, April 21st, 2006, Brian Manzella weighs in at....198 lbs.

(one goal was to be 199 by May 6th, KY DERBY day).

Done.

Next up....189 by Family Vacation in late July—then 185 by Sept. 1—then....

175 by November 1.

169! by TGM Summit in early December.

164.5 by December 11th (My Birthday).

Can I do it???

:D[8D]:)

That's great news, B. Keep at it!

Brian Manzella

Administrator
I don't drink a lick.

I am a Diet Coke drinker, or a Diet Mountain Dew Drinker, or a Iced Tea with a blue AND A PINK Drinker.

I never have been drunk.

But, the diet is going well, wearning 34 pants and weighing in solid 175.

Next phase will start in Late October when I am back in New New Orleans and I will "run off" the last dozen pounds.

I will look trim and dress sharp for the TGM & PGA Summits and the Manziposium.

Be there or miss a lot!

(including some Steve Katib-like outfits!)

Status
Not open for further replies.