Hand rotation question

Status
Not open for further replies.
During the release/pre-impact/impact interval, as the hands are rotating:

-Does the right hand "orbit" the left hand?
-Does the left hand "orbit" the right hand?
-Do both hands "orbit" an point between the two?

Know what I mean?

S

SteveT

During the release/pre-impact/impact interval, as the hands are rotating:

-Does the right hand "orbit" the left hand?
-Does the left hand "orbit" the right hand?
-Do both hands "orbit" an point between the two?

Both hands "orbit" a point between the two ... because when the shaft reaches horizontal in the downswing, each had exerts equal forces on the club handle resulting in a "force couple" as the final thrust to impact. As the shaft approaches vertical down and impact, the force couple gradually vanishes and you are left with pure rotation around the torso.

If you believe the left or right hand "orbit" individually, then you are doing a 'one-handed' swing. Think about it.

Thanks for the response.

When I'm speaking of the hands orbiting, I'm thinking less about the hands moving around the body. I'm thinking of the time frame when the right hand crosses over the left hand. So when I'm speaking of a point between the two, I mean a point located where the hands meet.

Say for instance you hold your hands up in front of you like you're gripping a golf club. When you make the cross-over motion that the hands make through and past impact, does the right hand move over and past a left hand that rotates in place; or does the left hand move back toward the right as the right hand is crossing over to the left?

Status
Not open for further replies.