Handle Rotation Pivot

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've pretty much subscribed to pivoting like crazy is crazy and for the the last 6 months and played well using outward force on the clubface to put my pivot into a reactionary mode. Well I started to feel a connection to the ground and handle rotation speed. I've found I can pivot pretty damn hard as long as the intent is speed up the handle. Rotation about the coupling point, fine tuning alpha, beta and Gama have inadvertently helped me to understand the connection between the pivot and the hands and how to use it.
Anyone else feel this way?

Yes. If I keep the transition from getting jackknifed, maintain dynamic stability (per Art), and spiderman the finish; not much else matters. I am a ball-striker. I don't care how flippy it may or may not look on video.

Oh yes. Just experimenting with handle focus at the moment but when it works, oh my.

For me the science has taken the mystery out of the swing. And when I don't mash it I know why. In golf ignorance is not bliss, it is frustration.

hp12c

New
So I've pretty much subscribed to pivoting like crazy is crazy and for the the last 6 months and played well using outward force on the clubface to put my pivot into a reactionary mode. Well I started to feel a connection to the ground and handle rotation speed. I've found I can pivot pretty damn hard as long as the intent is speed up the handle. Rotation about the coupling point, fine tuning alpha, beta and Gama have inadvertently helped me to understand the connection between the pivot and the hands and how to use it.
Anyone else feel this way?

Yes sireee!!

I agree wholeheartedly. My pivot or body rotation becomes a lot easier when I'm releasing the bottom end of the grip. Additionally, it seems easier to swing left after impact when the body isn't blocking that path of my arms because I dragged the handle.

I just have to think about moving the club only. I try not to even think about hitting the ball. It's weird, but I hit it better and let the club pull my body to the finish now.

I don't know how you guys think about pivoting and handle rotation speed and all that stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.