Hands in Snap & Sweep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Further to Mandrin's release thread.....

I tinker all the time with my swing and can both snap and sweep release. If you can do both, you know there is a different 'feeling' in the two.

So the question is, with regard to the hands stopping/slowing at impact, do the hands slow more with snap than sweep? Seems to feel that way and may be what gives rise to the debate on what actually happens.

Oh boy, here goes nothin'

No question that your hand speed would have to be greater w/ a sweep than snap release to hit it the same distance, assuming everything else was equal. I don't get into the physics of motion and geometry a lot but I'm pretty sure this has a lot to do with the endless belt effect.

This is probably wrong, but I'll give it a shot :p

Just before the club begins to seek out it's in line condition your hands and clubhead are traveling at the same speed. However, when the lever assembly goes from linear to radial travel your hands are still moving at the same speed but the clubhead does not - it depends on the radius and how big of a "pulley" you've created. Basically, if you zeroed out your #3 accumulator you'd need a ton of hand speed to hit it just as far as if you retained an acute, Sergio Garcia -like angle between your left forearm and clubshaft.

Just think of the amount of throwout action Sergio creates vs. someone like Zach Johnson.

Somebody chime in here....... :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.