Hands on Plane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I've got this wrong, so asking. How do you keep your hands on plane, or close to on plane, post impact and yet get to both arms straight? If the hand thrust is down and out pre impact and if you continue with that thrust to both arms straight, you wind up swinging way right and far above plane. Not even close.

Many pic's I've seen it looks the the pro's in the full extension, both arms straight, are swinging way right.

What gives??

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
Your right. Alot of today's pros do have this look. But look at Hogan, Faldo, Price, and Hunter Mahan today and you'll see on plane hands post impact. I think they keep pressure on the shaft, work their right sides more down and forward, left sides back and in, and keep the connection with their upper left arm and chest better than most.

Thanks doubled.

It's become apparent that getting to both arms straight with the down and out thought is/was a cause of my weaker pivot. When I had my lesson with Brian he focused on having me swing further left, 'down the yellow brick road'. It wasn't until recently that I got that feeling by working on staying on plane. (Finally got it in my coconut.) Much better pivot and contact, for me, without worrying about getting to both arms straight which put me too above plane.

Status
Not open for further replies.