Happy Birthday to Me and Lorena

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lochoa had some putting difficulties this past week as she has recently. Think it's from trying to reduce her backward head move while putting? Also, it looks to me in the last few months like maybe she's trying to make her backswing look a little less SD-ish (club pointing "1 yard right" at top) in order to look more conventional and not hitting the ball as consistently as early in the year (one of the regular announcers has been for a couple years talking about her "across the line" backswing - I wonder if she started to worry about this the way Paula Creamer started worrying about her head drop on the downswing?).

What's your take, Lochoa-expert?

You'd think players like Creamer and Lochoa wouldn't make adjustments just to have "prettier swings" when they are already winning multiple tournaments every year.....

Oh, and happy birthday!

Last edited:
Also, it looks to me in the last few months like maybe she's trying to make her backswing look a little less SD-ish (club pointing "1 yard right" at top) in order to look more conventional and not hitting the ball as consistently as early in the year (one of the regular announcers has been for a couple years talking about her "across the line" backswing .

Golf instruction is anathema for the feel player. Seveeeeeeeeee. Her coach has said that he would never change her swing for the sake of uniformity. She's a feel player, and as much of a shotmaker as a woman could be. I do not believe that the media would have any influence on her swing. I do agree that her swing has been a little less across the line, and away from her natural pattern.

You'd think players like Creamer and Lochoa wouldn't make adjustments just to have "prettier swings" when they are already winning multiple tournaments every year.....

Function over form. I like swing patterns that are a little long with a flying elbow:

Meg Mallon, Laura Davies, JD, Mike Dunaway, and Self-Mastery.

Status
Not open for further replies.