Has Brian done a video on how not to tug or pull?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen Brian's videos on the release, but didn't know if there was one out there on how not to pull or tug.

My 12 year old son is also struggling with this affliction, wants to power the shot with a big shoulder turn and is just dragging the club behind him hitting push fades.

I did a search but didn't see one, any direction to the right thread, or just ideas on how to get him to stop would be great.

thanks

ZAP

New
Alex Noren drill on Youtube has really helped me personally. I think Kevin posted the link.

Tugging and pulling are not the same thing. I believe pulling has been defined as Alpha tourque by Dr. Stephen Nesbit and occurs throughout the downswing. I believe Tugging has been defined as a sudden motion made from the top.

Brian's "Ideas About the Release" video discusses many concepts that should help to eliminate Tugging - Out Toss comes to mind.

The most helpful thing for me has been to focus on hand-path from the top. The Noren drill above is excellent. Lia has also posted a number of clips of Tiger during the Butch era working on what I think is a similar idea.

lia41985

Hope this helps...

Check out this drill Tiger's working on here:
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xEznc7ijOQk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
And here (you can watch a fuller clip here)
Part of not tugging is getting the tangential component of the swing on track. Study this clip of Gary player:
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/daEOOzWHJjA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

dbl

New
WB37...pulling can be done all kinds of ways, and can certainly be used to handle drag, so I'd caution against categorizing it as alpha torque. Imo, the two main motions of the club inplane that I can think of would have more force from behind than in front.

Status
Not open for further replies.