Have a look - Trained eyes only!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A DTL video of my latest swing (yesterday) 6 iron, nice trajectory 10 yard draw, ended 10 yards left of target.

6 iron 210FPS - YouTube

Working on higher hands at the top of the backswing (steeper if you like) and posture at setup. Noticed my hands in last videos posted were low and as a result the shaft was low and pointed below belt buckle, also standing slightly more erect but maintaining a head down position (after looking at Brians get in position to play your best article), and slightly more knee bend as I was nearly locked out.

Also trying to take a divot as I only take minimal divots with wedges and even then barley enough to replace anything, I think my brain trys to avoid taking a divot, interesting.

Lastly noticed my hips like to move up and towards the ball as I come into imapct, goat humping?
finding it very hard to restrain this natural move, any ideas? trying to clear the left hip on the downsing to create space.

Thanks for looking

A DTL video of my latest swing (yesterday) 6 iron, nice trajectory 10 yard draw, ended 10 yards left of target.

6 iron 210FPS - YouTube

Working on higher hands at the top of the backswing (steeper if you like) and posture at setup. Noticed my hands in last videos posted were low and as a result the shaft was low and pointed below belt buckle, also standing slightly more erect but maintaining a head down position (after looking at Brians get in position to play your best article), and slightly more knee bend as I was nearly locked out.

Also trying to take a divot as I only take minimal divots with wedges and even then barley enough to replace anything, I think my brain trys to avoid taking a divot, interesting.

Lastly noticed my hips like to move up and towards the ball as I come into imapct, goat humping?
finding it very hard to restrain this natural move, any ideas? trying to clear the left hip on the downsing to create space.

Thanks for looking

I like your swing. Since you mention it, perhaps avoiding taking a divot and rising up through impact are interrelated? Did you ever have a time where you hit fat shots? If so, you could be 'avoiding' the fat shot by rising up as impact approaches. That degree of standing up isn't nearly as pronounced as I have seen or been guilty of myself. I am not so sure I would have commented on it if you had not mentioned it yourself.

Hey, what happened to the foot drag?

Hi Counterfall,

The foot trail is a strange one. I don't do it all the time and tend to notice it more with a practice swing when I'm concentrating on swinging the club and creating a swish.

I think the right foot drags then because the right hip carries on turing through the ball, rather than stalling once the ball has left, as with the 6 iron above.

Perhaps when Im over a solid ball (as opposed to foam balls where I'm in the garden) my sub conscious (or to that effect) tells me it is not as efficient to turn all the way through the ball, but to stall the hips just at impact to squeeze a bit more oomph out of the leverage machine?

Interesting how the bodies actions could be influenced by sub conscious innate programming!

With regards to the lack divots, I did used to hit alot of fat shots when I started out, and when I had to hit off mats in the winter I soon began to get pains in my wrists. Possibly the rising and lack of divots is my body subconsciously trying to 'save' my wrists?

Is the OP really Henrik Stenson?

henrik-stenson-underwear-mud-shot.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.