Head Movement-Manzilla photo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday I had a free lesson, honestly only reason I did it was cause it was free. Teacher was an older gentleman with a lot of experience, nice guy, former Euro and Asian tour player. He taped my swing and the first thing he said was I had a reverse pivot, that led to most of my weight on the left side at the top, then to clear some room I slid my hips forward, then flip over of the hands with little rotation left. This was interesting because the hip slide is something I see pretty clearly in my photo's and glad it was the first thing he pointed out with the weight shift issue.

I tie this into Brian because the instructor wanted me to really exaggerate a weight shift behind the ball. The one thing I noticed was dang my head is really moving off the ball, but it actually looked similar to a video I downloaded a while back, it was this Brian Manzilla driver video and I captured this photo

manzella_headmove.jpg

here is photo from the lesson to compare

greg12-23.jpg

So the question is given what I know about the swing is this much head movement going to be detrimental? I was hitting the shit out of the ball for sure and dang straight, and higher. I could see I was now able to turn left through the ball. Like I said I went into the lesson thinking lets just do this for fun but it made me think, and I am results based type person.

Last edited:
lol, what a idiot....honestly I think I got that into my head a long time ago and its just become routine.

My sincerest apologies.

lol, what a idiot....honestly I think I got that into my head a long time ago and its just become routine.

My sincerest apologies.

Oh no big deal I'm sure, just thought it was funny.

Anyway, if your head movement is similar to what Brian does, it can't be a bad thing, right?

My sincerest apologies.

I just thought it was a typo--i on the right hand instead of e on the left hand--and trying to poke some useless humor.

I've been called worse...:D

QUOTE]

Actually, I found this forum from a TGM forum where Brian was treated to such a degree of abuse that I had to check him out. These guys made Torquemada appear to be an openminded and reasonble guy. :D

Now Brian may not qualify for the Diplomat of the Year Award, but his advice, and just as important, the input from the other Manzella instructors, and teaching pros, makes this site a must-see.

Status
Not open for further replies.