head rotation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what the Manzella forum members think about head rotation on the downswing.
I think the concept would have to be swing specific, but are there any thoughts either way?

I LOVED it when Annika and Duval were simultaneously at #1. Furyk and Joe Durant are two great ballstrikers that rotate.
They aren't 'thinking' about turning their heads--they're connecting with their targets in a very real way...external focus of
attention makes automaticity possible..it's also and and also, it was like a giant 'Shut the F up' for every well-intentioned know-it-all wannabe golf teacher who was torturing his poor pupil.
Long story short, give the head rotation a try. Some of you here will do better with it.

I LOVED it when Annika and Duval were simultaneously at #1. Furyk and Joe Durant are two great ballstrikers that rotate.
They aren't 'thinking' about turning their heads--they're connecting with their targets in a very real way...external focus of
attention makes automaticity possible..it's also and and also, it was like a giant 'Shut the F up' for every well-intentioned know-it-all wannabe golf teacher who was torturing his poor pupil.
Long story short, give the head rotation a try. Some of you here will do better with it.

It's funny you should comment to that end Billy. I always felt like as good as I could do the splendid stuff presented here, my left side jammed me up completely and my right side just ran right into it. Pivot went sky-high and I just hit cricketer's off-drives with a blocking left arm and a clubhead that decelerated sharply. Experimenting with just releasing the head a bit enabled me to leverage my decent downswing a bit better.
Thanks for your comments Billy and congratulations once again.
Oh, and as grimly ironic as this is coming from an Englishman - Happy Fourth of July:D

Status
Not open for further replies.